Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats

Strawberry - Cheesecake - Overnight - Oats - Slimming - World - Syn - Free - Healthy Extra B

Overnight oats are amazing and there are so many different ways to enjoy them. I am a mega cheesecake fan so bringing these two wonderful things together made total sense to me! One of my other favourite things is pudding for breakfast (see my Cheesecake Breakfast Bars if you don’t believe me!) so this is pretty much my perfect way to start the day.

The wonderful thing about Overnight Oats is how easily they put you in control. If you’ve made your breakfast the night before and have it ready to go in the morning you’re starting the day on a positive note. You’re not flustered and hungry in the morning and tempted to nip into your local cafe to get a bacon roll, you’re in control of your meals and it’s a great feeling. Add into the mix that they taste great, get loads of delicious speed fruit into your day and are generally one of the most filling things you can start the day with and you’ll understand why they’ve become such a huge craze! You’ve only got to look on Instagram to see some beautiful examples of this wonderful breakfast…

I like to keep my Overnight Oats quite simple, and often just do the standard yogurt, oats and a bit of fruit, but when the inspiration struck for my Strawberry Cheesecake ones I just had to make them. Still very simple, and syn free using half of your Healthy Extra A or just 3 syns if you want to save your HexA for later, this is a brilliant compromise between having something a bit more interesting than the standard and not so complicated you need to make a special trip to your local health foods store just to enjoy a tasty breakfast!

As I’ve already mentioned, one of the brilliant things about overnight oats is how filling they are. I usually need a snack by about 10:30am (after eating breakfast at 9am) because I’m just a super hungry person all of the time (hence the weight gain…who’d figure right?!?) but if I start the day with overnight oats I find that I’m full until lunch time. As someone who is particularly susceptible to naughty snack food this is a big plus and I can put a lot of ‘on plan’ days on my Slimming World journey down to starting my day with a tasty pot of overnight oats!

Obviously there is no hard and fast rule that says you need to make overnight oats in a jar, that would be silly, and they can just as easily be made in a bowl covered overnight or in a tuppaware jar. However, for some reason they just taste better when they’re all prettied up in a jar…I know that’s not scientific but it’s true! I do also find that they take longer to eat as I’m not wolfing them down like I would cereal so that does actually make them more filling (you should never finish a meal in under 15 minutes as your brain won’t have time to register that it’s full!) and so there are proper benefits to eating them this way. You can either use a jam jar or if you want to grab some Kilner Jars they’re really cheap on Amazon. I picked up a box of 8 for about £10! Browse them here

Serves 1

Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats

Deliciously smooth strawberry cheesecake overnight oats...syn free on Slimming World!

5Prep Time

Save Recipe

• 40g Oats
  • 1x Vanilla Muller Light (or other fat free vanilla yogurt)
  • 37.5g Philadelphia Light
  • 1tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 1x Punnet Strawberries

1. Whisk together the Muller Light, cream cheese and vanilla essence until smooth.
  2. Cut up half of the strawberries and mix into the cheesecake mixture.
  3. Add half of your oats to the bottom of your jar and then spoon on half of the cheesecake mix.
  4. Add the other half of your oats and then the rest of the mixture.
  5. Chop up the rest of the strawberries and add on top.
  6. Put the lid on the jar and leave overnight in the fridge to enjoy in the morning!

Syn free using your Healthy Extra B and Half of your Healthy Extra A.

6.8
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to make later!

CookBlogShare

Platter Talk
    02/12/2016 at 12:40 pm

I’ve never used cream cheese in my overnight oat mix, but I plan to, now!

02/12/2016 at 12:42 pm

I never had done before but when inspiration struck I just had to give it a go and it was delicious! It makes it really thick and smooth which is lovely!

melissa
    02/12/2016 at 1:43 pm

I am a mega cheesecake fan, too. Nothing better than a yummy, quick breakfast that tastes like dessert!

02/12/2016 at 1:57 pm

Totally agree with you Melissa! Thanks for commenting ?

Jessy @ The Life Jolie
    02/12/2016 at 2:20 pm

I am the worst about remembering to bring breakfast to work and I never have time to eat before I leave. This looks like the perfect solution and really delicious!

02/12/2016 at 2:22 pm

Tell me about it, I’m exactly the same so recipes like this are always a big help! ? thanks!

Lisa | Garlic & Zest
    02/12/2016 at 2:36 pm

I know overnight oats are a big thing — but I can’t get used to the idea of cold oatmeal, though this sounds like a nice combo of flavors. Do you heat it up or eat it cold?

02/12/2016 at 2:39 pm

You eat it cold ? it’s not steal cut oatmeal (which I know is often the case in the states) it’s made with rolled oats which are softer so when you leave it with the yogurt Overnight it gets soft and it’s almost like cake! It’s a very different taste and experience to eating oatmeal, it’s more like having granola with yogurt, just softer! Because it’s with yogurt you don’t get the soggy cold oatmeal sensation I promise. That might not be the best description though, it’s definitely worth giving a go if you’ve never tried it, people often find it quite surprising!

Mark, Compass & Fork
    02/12/2016 at 2:44 pm

I love the idea of overnight oats. It makes for quick breakfasts and I like that you don’t even have to think about what you are going to make.

02/12/2016 at 2:59 pm

That’s exactly why I love it too Mark!

Eb Gargano / easypeasyfoodie.com
    02/12/2016 at 4:41 pm

Great idea Cliona! I love the idea of overnight oats crossed with strawberry cheesecake – yum!! Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare 🙂 Eb x

12 Syn Free & Low Syn Recipes To Make In 2017 – Basement Bakehouse
    02/01/2017 at 8:28 pm

[…] Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats […]

Jackie Taylor
    03/01/2017 at 12:11 pm

Could you use Quark instead of the Philly to make it completely Syn Free?

Lisa Robinson
    22/01/2017 at 7:44 pm

Hi Cliona,
    I’ve just made this ready for the morning so I’m eagerly awaiting the results.
    Slimming world literally saved my life a few years ago as I was a mess about my weight. It’s amazing to read your blog and look at all your recipes which look so tasty (thanks to your fab photography), so thank you for your blog and your inspiration.

23/01/2017 at 5:16 pm

Hi Lisa, I hope you enjoyed the overnight oats! I’m really really glad you like my recipes, long may they help you! Good luck on your journey!

Healthy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pots - Basement Bakehouse
    08/02/2017 at 4:50 pm

[…] Almost Syn Free Apple Crumble Cheesecake, my Syn Free Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bars and my Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats…can you tell I really love cheesecake […]