Syn Free Slimming World Spaghetti Carbonara

Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara Slimming World

One of the great joys of Slimming World is being able to eat pasta without even a shred of guilt. I can’t even tell you the number of fad diets I’ve been on where I’ve needed to cut carbs to see any form of success, but I can tell you that that is simply not sustainable! Slimming World Spaghetti Carbonara is, simply put, my favourite meal!

Pasta on its own really isn’t a lot to shout about, so the magic is all in the sauce. Carbonara is an age old favourite, but it’s traditionally full of cream and cheese so it’s hardly a Slimming World friendly option…until now!

This recipe uses no cream, but personally I prefer it. I’m not just saying that because it’s my recipe either…honestly this recipe has the silky smooth sauce that you’d expect of a carbonara, with the bacon and cheese, but without the heaviness of the cream. It just goes to show that you don’t need the heavy, fat filled ingredients to make a dish with a deep, rich flavour. It’s a win win really, especially as it’s ready in under 20 minutes! It uses half of your HexA per person, although if you’d like to up the paramesan quota to be your full HexA portion then crack on! Serve your pasta in a big, deep pasta bowl and make sure to top with plenty of extra parsley and you’re guaranteed a sumptuously decadent tasting syn free dinner!

Watch my Slimming World Spaghetti Carbonara being made here!

Serves 2

Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara

Creamy (without the cream), silky, flavoursome spaghetti carbonara with no guilt whatsoever!

5Prep Time

15Cook Time

20Total Time

Save RecipeSave Recipe

• 8 Rashers of Bacon (lean)
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Clove Garlic
  • Handful Chopped Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
  • 4 Eggs
  • 4tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais
  • 30g of Parmesan
  • Tagliatelle/Spaghetti (enough for two/three people depending on your serving size)
  • Fry Light
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)

1. Cook pasta as per pack instructions.
  2. Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and garlic and add to a pan over a medium heat with Fry Light.
  3. Chop the bacon and add in with the onions. Fry until it begins to go crispy.
  4. Meanwhile, mix the eggs, fromage frais, parsley, 20g of parmesan, and salt & pepper together in a separate bowl.
  5. When the pasta is cooked, turn all of the hobs off.
  6. Drain the water out of the pasta and tip it into the pan with the bacon and onion (keeping it on the hob over the residual heat), mix it thoroughly.
  7. Still over the remaining heat, tip in the egg mixture and toss it with the pasta and bacon. The heat will thicken the sauce, and cook the egg, without turning into scrambled egg!
  8. When your sauce has thickened, remove from the heat and serve with a garnish of parsley and the rest of your parmesan.

Syn free on Slimming World using the parmesan as half of your HexA allowance (when serving two with the above recipe). If serving more then divide the HexA accordingly. Double the cheese to enjoy as your full HexA allowance.

7.8.1.2

Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara Slimming World

Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara Slimming World

Link up your recipe of the week

CookBlogShare

Jessica Cantoni
    09/05/2016 at 1:26 pm I'm definitely going to try this. I tried making carbonara last week and it didn't turn out so well (the egg scrambled) so will be giving this alternative a try. http://www.jesscantoni.com/> xx
      09/05/2016 at 1:37 pm Oh no that's what I was worried about when I made this! But I think by turning the hob off before adding the egg you avoid the excess heat and just use the left over heat from the dish. Definitely make sure to toss it lots though and don't leave it to stand until you've taken it off the heat completely :) Good luck and feel free to Tweet/Instagram a pic at me and I'll always reshare :) xx
    Claire @foodiequine
    09/05/2016 at 1:45 pm This sounds great. I'm a foodie following slimming world at the moment too. You get loads of Parmesan for your HEX so I think I'll go extra cheese and use it all when I make this. I like to add peas to mine too.
      09/05/2016 at 1:53 pm Thanks Claire! I'm a fan of extra cheese too! I think next time I make it I'm definitely going to add some extra speed food in there too, it'll help to bulk it out too! Good luck on your Slimming World journey x
    Alison
    09/05/2016 at 1:52 pm Love spaghetti carbonara, your tips to make it lighter are great
    Eileen
    09/05/2016 at 4:45 pm This looks so good. I love carbonara and it's great to be able to eat it without the guilt.
    Kirsty Hijacked By Twins
    10/05/2016 at 1:41 pm Carbonara is a favourite pasta sauce here and to finally have a recipe which is a syn free version is perfect! Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x
      10/05/2016 at 2:03 pm Thanks Kirsty! :) x
    Corina
    11/05/2016 at 1:19 pm I love carbonara made without cream as I think the eggs and a bit of pasta water give it a creamy feel anyway. This is lovely!
      12/05/2016 at 10:03 am Thanks Corina! I hadn't thought of doing it this way until I sat down to create the recipe, but it works so well!
    Seven Day Meal Plan – Basement Bakehouse
    06/07/2016 at 4:07 pm […] Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara recipe here.  […]
    Syn Free Tagliatelle with Steak & Mushroom Sauce – Basement Bakehouse
    03/11/2016 at 1:19 pm […] it’s one of those dinners you can have again and again and not get bored! Much like my Syn Free Carbonara and Syn Free Cajun Chicken Pasta, this dish uses the age old trick of egg and yogurt to make a thick […]
    12 Syn Free & Low Syn Recipes To Make In 2017 – Basement Bakehouse
    02/01/2017 at 8:27 pm […] Syn Free Spaghetti Carbonara […]
    liz
    08/01/2017 at 11:04 pm What is HEX a
      08/01/2017 at 11:05 pm It's short for Healthy Extra A, which is your dairy allowance on Slimming World ?
    Julie ashworth
    18/01/2017 at 11:06 pm Got to be one of my favourite slimmingworld dishes so easy to do.Thanks for the recepie julie x
      18/01/2017 at 11:07 pm You are so welcome! I'm really glad you enjoy it...it's one of my all time favourites too! ?
    Monika Dabrowski
    24/01/2017 at 12:32 pm This is a lovely pasta recipe, full of protein and such a great comfort food idea!I haven't had lunch yet and this is making me really hungry! I love the parsley for garnish too:)
      24/01/2017 at 12:32 pm Thanks Monika! It's one of my all time favourites ?
    Vanessa
    21/05/2017 at 9:16 pm On this page it says serves 2 people but on another page it says it serves 4?
      23/05/2017 at 10:38 am Hi Vanessa, as it says on the recipe this serves two (albeit in quite large servings!). If another recipe says its serves four then it's likely to have different quantities. Hope that helps!
    Paula
    13/07/2017 at 7:30 pm Oh this was just what I needed tonight, it was beautiful. Thank you for a good carbonara recipe that doesn't separate!! ,I had to use fat free yoghurt as our wee shop didn't have Fromage frais but it was still lovely. Ten points to you for the comfort pasta!
      13/07/2017 at 9:48 pm Yay! I'm so glad you liked it!