If you’re looking for a simple recipe, this Creamy One Pot Prawn & Veggie Pasta is the perfect, healthy, quick and delicious recipe to whip up for lunch or dinner. My life right now is all about making sure I’m eating super balanced, nutritious meals, and that’s exactly where this recipe has sprung up from. It’s high in protein, packed with vitamins and minerals like folic acid and vitamin C and magnesium, but remains a super simple, one pot meal that is ready in just 15 minutes!
A Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This recipe is 100% Slimming World friendly as it is totally syn free when using just half of your Healthy Extra A. I love a creamy pasta, but when you’re on Slimming World it’s easy to think that those are off the table completely. The use of your Healthy Extra A, or just half of it, makes it not only achievable but totally on plan!
To make this particular recipe super creamy and full of flavour, I’ve mixed in a healthy portion of grated St Helen’s Farm Mild Goats Cheese. I’ve used the mild version so that it doesn’t overwhelm the delicate flavour of the prawns or the powerful punch of the delicious veggies, plus its a naturally good and healthy ingredient (find out why here). The mild flavour elevates the whole dish, whilst the cheese makes the sauce so creamy and smooth.
If you like the sound of this Creamy One Pot Prawn & Veggie Pasta, then you’ll absolutely love one of my most popular recipes – Creamy One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta! It has always been one of the most popular recipes I’ve ever created and couldn’t be more simple to create.
Making Creamy One Pot Prawn & Veggie Pasta
Not only is this Creamy One Pot Prawn & Veggie Pasta a perfect quick dish to whip up for the whole family, it’s also a great take to work or meal prep option. It’s a Naturally Good and healthy choice! You can reheat it easily by adding just a splash of extra water before you reheat it to loosen up the sauce and stop it getting dry.
A syn free one pot recipe made with delicious fresh prawns, plenty of healthy vegetables and a super creamy sauce.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 2x Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 170g Uncooked Frozen King Prawns
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 330g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 25g Curly Kale
- 100g Green Beans
- 100g Chestnut Mushrooms (sliced)
- 15g Flat Leaf Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- 70g Mild St Helen's Farm Goats Cheese (grated)
- 200g Spaghetti Pasta
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1L Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Spray a deep saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion and garlic until they're soft and just turning slightly brown.
- Add the spaghetti, prawns and all of the vegetables and half of the parsley, along with half of the vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bright the water the the boil and stir the pasta and veggies together as the pasta softens.
- Over a medium heat, continue cooking and stirring, adding the rest of the stock a little as a time as it bubbles away.
- When the pasta is cooked through and the vegetables are soft, the stock should have created a really silky smooth sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the goats cheese and the rest of the parsley until the cheese has melted through the pasta and made the sauce really thick and creamy.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of parsley and a crack of pepper!
Serves 4. Syn free using half of your Healthy Extra A per portion. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please do not screenshot this recipe.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS CREAMY ONE POT PRAWN & VEGGIE PASTA FOR LATER!
*this recipe was created in collaboration with St Helen’s Farm but all views and opinions are my own.