Best Slimming World Pasta Bake Recipes
If you’re on the hunt for a simple, tasty Slimming World pasta bake, then I’ve got you covered!
These five syn free and low syn pasta bake recipes are some of my favourite Slimming World friendly meals to make and go perfectly with a tasty side salad or side of steamed veggies.
At first glance, pasta bake might not sound like diet food… but that’s really the point! Slimming World allows you to enjoy all of the foods you like the most, in moderation, without worrying at all.
How To Make A Slimming World Pasta Bake
Before I share the recipes for five of my favourite and most popular Slimming World pasta bake recipes, here are some tips for building your own healthy, syn free or low syn pasta bake recipes at home with the ingredients you love.
- Remember the 1/3 speed rule – Slimming World only works if you stick to the basic principles, one of which is that you must have one third speed on your plate at all times. You can build your speed into your Slimming World pasta bake, or you can add your speed foods to the side of your pasta. Whatever you prefer, just don’t forget!
- Add plenty of protein – whether you’re making a meat filled pasta bake, or prefer a vegetarian option, they’re a great dish to pack full of protein. That could be chicken, beef, beans or your favourite meat replacement such as Quorn chicken, but whichever protein you chose it will help you to balance out your carbs too.
- Use your Healthy Extra A – the best part of any pasta bake, in my opinion, is the cheese! Slimming World now allows you to have two Healthy Extra A choices every day so you can top your pasta bake with lots of cheese, or a vegan cheese replacement if you wish.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment – whether it’s adding different spices, using vegetables you’ve never tried before or experimenting with interesting pasta shapes or even a pasta replacement, there is a lot of fun to be had with your Slimming World friendly pasta bake so don’t be afraid to try!
- Check your syns before you cook – there are lots of foods that you can be sure are syn free, like broccoli or tomatoes, but it’s always sensible to check your syns before you cook to make sure you’re not accidentally adding something you wouldn’t otherwise count. You can use Slimming World’s own resources and apps to check your syns so long as you’re a member of the plan.
Best Slimming World Pasta Bake Recipes
Now that I’ve given you my top tips for making a delicious and healthy Slimming World pasta bake recipe, here are my top five pasta bakes for you to make yourself. Don’t forget to share your success with these recipes in the comments below, or head over to my Facebook group and let us all know how you got on.
Syn Free Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake
This pasta bake is a classic and is totally syn free using one of your Healthy Extra A portions per serving. Just make sure to use lean bacon or cut off any visible fat before you cook!
Best Ever Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake
This Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake is a regular dinner in our house and goes perfectly with a side of steamed green beans or a crispy side salad!
Low Syn Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Bake
This decedent Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Bake is one of my most popular Slimming World pasta bake recipes! It’s not syn free, because Chorizo does have syns, but it’s a low syn option that feels like true comfort food. Just make sure to add a third speed to your plate too!
Individual Bacon & Broccoli Pasta Bake
This is a Slimming World recipe that incorporates vegetables within the dish itself but it’s still a good idea to have lots of healthy speed food alongside it when you serve! If you prefer to cook this without meat you can always leave the bacon out too.
Syn Free Bolognese Pasta Bake
If you love spaghetti bolognese, you’ll love this Syn Free Bolognese Pasta Bake! It’s a really tasty Slimming World dinner and something that the whole family will love.
So there you have it, my five favourite Slimming World pasta bake recipes to try for yourself at home! Don’t forget to pin this post for inspiration later too.