Healthy Frozen Banana & Oat Yoghurt Bites
In a recent Slimming World group the discussion turned to healthy snacks, and what we could do to help curb those sweet cravings.
I know that snacking is something I struggle with, and I’m not the only one! If I’m good I’m good, but if I give in to my sweet cravings then there’s no stopping me!
With this in mind though I have searched high and low for snacks I can eat without feeling guilty, and I devised these tasty banana treats. They’re one of my favourite things to snack on and feel like a treat whilst staying healthy! Just 2 syns for the whole batch, not only are you getting one of your five a day (some tasty speed food for those of us on Slimming World) but you’re indulging in just a smidge of chocolate too.
A sweet, and guilt free snack!
- 1 Banana
- 15g Oats
- 1 Vanilla Muller Light
- 10g 70% Dark Chocolate
- Blend the oats into a fine powder and tip onto a small plate.
- Chop your banana into even slices.
- Dip each piece of banana first into the yoghurt and then place on the oats, making sure to coat up around the sides of each piece.
- Place each piece of banana on greaseproof paper and pop into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a bowl over some boiling water, and then tip into a piping bag.
- Remove the banana from the freezer (it won't be fully frozen yet) and pipe the chocolate over the banana pieces.
- Put it all back in the freezer for 20 minutes, then enjoy straight away or keep in the freezer to enjoy another time!
The whole batch is 2 syns on Slimming World. This recipe also uses half of your HexB option on Slimming World, if you've already used this then add 3 syns for the oats.
Lauren Vavala | DeliciousLittleBites
22/10/2018 at 5:57 pm