Sticky Sesame Chicken Pieces
I’m a huge fan of ‘Fakeaways’ (homemade, healthy takeaways!) because not only are they better for you but they usually taste better too! As great as it is to get a greasy takeaway you’ve got to face the fact that they’re just never going to be good for you, so if you can get better quality and better tasting food by making it at home then why wouldn’t you! If you love Fakeaways as much as I do then this Sticky Sesame Chicken Pieces recipe is going to be perfect for you! Find the recipe and video at the end of the post.
Is This Slimming World Friendly?
Absolutely! This fakeaway is just 2.25 syn per portion (4.5 syns for the whole recipe). The syns in this Stick Sesame Chicken Pieces recipe come from the sesame seeds (1 syn per teaspoon) and the tablespoon of honey (2.5 syns), so it fits perfectly into your Slimming World lifestyle! You can find a whole host of Slimming World fakeaway recipes here: https://basementbakehouse.com/category/fakeaway/
Is This Recipe A Tweak?
If you’ve scrolled to the end already and seen that the chicken in this recipe is coated with smash to make it nice and crispy you may be turned your head to the heavens and begun lamenting that it’s a tweak! Well you can calm down, because it’s not, I promise! If you’re unsure of what a tweak is on Slimming World you can read my comprehensive definition here.
A tweak, simply put, is something which uses a free food in a way that it isn’t meant to be used in place of a non-free food. Whilst this does technically do that, it uses the smash as part of a main meal with plenty of protein and veg, making it balanced an means that you’re not in danger of overeating this particular free food substitution. So long as you eat this as A MAIN MEAL, this recipe is NOT A TWEAK! Slimming World specify examples similar to this on their website so you really don’t have to worry!
Making Sticky Sesame Chicken Pieces
This Sticky Sesame Chicken Pieces recipe honestly couldn’t be more simple to make! You can see for yourself in my handy recipe video below, and follow the step by step instructions here!
A delicious, low syn and healthy 'Fakeaway' recipe for Sticky Sesame Chicken Pieces.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2x Chicken Breasts
- 6tbsp Smash Instant Mashed Potato
- 2x Eggs
- 1tsp Sesame Seeds (plus extra for garnish)
- 1tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1tsp Powdered Stock (chicken/vegetable)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 4x Spring Onions (sliced thinnly)
- 3x Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1x Fresh Red Chilli (diced small)
- Fry Light
- 4tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Pint Chicken Stock
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1tsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together the Smash, sesame seeds, chilli flakes, powdered stock and salt & pepper.
- Dice the chicken into chunks and set aside.
- Whisk the two eggs together.
- Spray a large baking tray with Fry Light.
- One by one dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the Smash mix, making sure they're covered all over. Place them separately on the baking tray. Spray with Fry light.
- Once all of the chicken is done, bake until crispy (aprox 15-20 minutes)
- Over a high heat spray a frying pan with Fry Light and add the spring onions, garlic and chilli to stir fry.
- Add the soy sauce and chicken stock, then add the sesame seeds and honey.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Once the chicken is cooked add it to the sauce and stir until every piece of chicken is coated.
- Serve over sticky white rice and fresh steamed vegetables!
2.25 syns per portion on Slimming World. Syn values correct at time of writing. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE SCREENSHOTS OF THIS RECIPE. ALWAYS SHARE THE LINK INSTEAD! IT IS AN OFFENCE TO SHARE THE IMAGES OR TEXT FROM THIS POST & RECIPE AS YOUR OWN. PLEASE NEVER SHARE THE FULL RECIPE AND ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT TO WWW.BASEMENTBAKEHOUSE.COM