Easy Syn Free Chicken Fried Rice
This Easy Syn Free Chicken Fried Rice is the ultimate healthy Fakeaway recipe that the whole family will love! It’s time to ditch the takeaway and make something ten times more delicious and nutritious…
I really love a good Fakeaway recipe and this Syn Free Chicken Fried Rice is the latest in a long line of healthy alternatives that I’ve created (you can find them all here). It’s the perfect recipe to replace your weekly takeaway with the family, not only helping to keep you all in good health but helping to save you money too. This recipe makes at least eight portions, so unless you have a particularly large family you’ll have plenty of leftovers to reheat for lunch afterwards!
A Syn Free Slimming World Fakeaway Recipe
This recipe is totally syn free on Slimming World and it’s packed with healthy veggies. If you want to have an even lower carb option, you can always try my Syn Free Sweet Potato Fried Rice too!
Sometimes though, you need some carbs in your life and as long as you’re balancing it with healthy protein and nutritious veggies then rice is a perfectly healthy ingredient to use in your weekly meal plan. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or your whole family it’s a recipe that is going to satisfy every single person around the table. Plus, it’s ready in less than half an hour…quicker than your average takeaway driver!
I love seeing when people make my recipes! So if you do make this Low Syn Chicken Fried Rice you can email it to me or share it on Facebook and Instagram tagging @basementbakehouse on Facebook or @basementbakehouse_sw on Instagram! I’d also love it if you shared your baking in my Facebook group too, you can join here if you haven’t already.
How To Make Syn Free Chicken Fried Rice
To make this recipe you simply need a few ingredients, a large frying pan or wok (available on Amazon) and half an hour of your time! If you’re meal prepping it for your work lunches then I really recommend getting some good, reusable meal prep containers (also available on Amazon) which will help save money and plastic waste.
I have used a mixture of peas, carrots, onion and a yellow pepper as my veggies in this recipe, along with the spring onion, chilli and garlic. This means you’ve got plenty of speed food along with your rice if you’re following Slimming World, but if you want to have even more you could do a side dish of chilli and garlic fried broccoli or spiralised carrot noodles!
Serves 8 Portions
A healthy and syn free Chicken Fried Rice recipe, perfect for the whole family and ideal for those following Slimming World.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 2.5 Cups Long Grain White Rice
- 5 Cups Water
- 1tsp Salt
- 3x Large Chicken Breasts (cubed)
- 3x Large Carrots (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 1x Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1x Yellow Pepper (diced)
- 1 Cup Garden Peas
- 5x Spring Onions (sliced - plus extra for garnish)
- 3x Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1x Red Chilli (seeds removed)
- 10tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2x Eggs
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Add the rice, water and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, with the lid on the pan, and then reduce to a low heat.
- Boil until the water is almost entirely absorbed/evaporated.
- Turn the heat off and leave the rice covered for 10-15 minutes. It will fluff up and absorb the last bit of water.
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with low calorie spray and fry the chicken with salt and pepper until it is cooked through and begins to brown on the outside.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to add later.
- In the same pan, add the onion, carrot and yellow pepper along with the rice wine vinegar and two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Fry over a medium heat until the carrots and begin to soften and the onions have begun to caramelise.
- Add the spring onions, half of the chilli (finely diced) and garlic. Fry for a further few minutes to cook the additions.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan. Whisk the two eggs together and add into the other side of the pan, scrambling quickly.
- Combine the egg and vegetables and then add the chicken back into the pan.Mix together.
- Add the peas and the rice into the frying pan, stirring it in spoon by spoon over a medium heat.
- Once all of the rice is combined, turn the heat up add the rest of the soy sauce. Fry until the rice begins to crisp up slightly and then remove from the heat.
- Serve garnished with the rest of the chilli and spring onion or store for future meals.
Syn free on Slimming World. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please do not screenshot the recipe - share the link instead as syn values may change in the future. I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way and am not a trained Slimming World consultant.