Seriously Easy Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake

I’m talking creamy, soft, delicious, cream cheese-y, cheesecake, not wobbly jelly on a dry base which unfortunately is often the way that Slimming World cheesecakes go!

I made this completely Syn Free Cheesecake for my taster evening at Slimming World this week, and I have to say it went down really well…I was even surprised at how delicious it was and I made it! Obviously when I say syn free it doesn’t come without a little caveat, which is that per slice you use your Healthy Extra B and just a third of your Healthy Extra A…but that’s a very small price to pay for a proper cheesecake!

DSC01025 (2)

I’m not sure I can stress enough that this isn’t jelly on a cheesecake base, which frankly my last cheesecake was, this is made with cream cheese and quark (which you can’t taste I promise!). Regular full fat cheesecake is made with cream cheese and cream, so this is probably about as close as you’re going to get, unless some genius invents fat free cream some time soon!

DSC01027 (2)

Cheesecake is something which has taken a long time to creep up on me to be honest, and for most of my life I couldn’t eat it because to be honest the words ‘cheese’ and ‘cake’ sounded disgusting together. It wasn’t until I tried cream cheese icing for the first time (YUM!) that I realised I was being a moron and it wasn’t like my cake was about to be filled with Stilton!

DSC01018 (2)

Another exciting discovery that I made, which lead to the inception of this delicious cheesecake recipe, was that Sukrin do an icing sugar sweetener (buy it here)! This means it’s completely syn free, and removes the need for pots and pots of Muller Light, and completely changes the dynamic of the recipe. Instead of needing tonnes of gelatin to stabilise a liquid mess, you just need enough to set the two kinds of cream cheese (Lightest Philadelphia and Fat Free Quark) which is the reason you’re not left with jelly! Rather, you end up with a creamy layer of yumminess, that your spoon slides through like butter and completely melts in the mouth! Deeee….licious!

20099-slimming-bundle-blogger+

DSC01021 (2)

I’ve made the base here out of the Special K Chewy Delight Bars which can be used as your Healthy Extra B, but you could equally use HiFi bars or another sticky Healthy Extra B bar of your choice. The key is that when they’re melted they’re still sticky because this removes the need to add extra butter and makes the base syn free when using it as your Healthy Extra B choice.

Serves 10

Seriously Easy Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake

Completely syn free creamy cheesecake!

Save Recipe

• 2x 180g Pots Philadelphia Lightest
  • 1x 250g Pot Fat Free Quark
  • 1x 200g Pack of Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar
  • 1.5x Packet of Powdered Gelatin
  • 50mls Boiling Water
  • 2tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 10x Special K Chewy Delight Bars (Healthy Extra B - or use equivalent HexB bar)
  • 1x Punnet Raspberries
  • 1x Punnet Strawberries

1. Break up the cereal bars in to a microwave proof bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds until they're soft and falling apart.
  2. Tip these into a round spring form cake tin (with a removable base) and press down to form a consistent base using your fingers and a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool and harden.
  3. Dissolve your gelatin in the boiling water completely and let cool.
  4. Tip the Philadelphia Lightest, Quark, Icing Sugar, Gelatin and Vanilla Extract into a large mixing bowl and whisk together either using an electric whisk or a hand whisk.
  5. Chop half of the fruit into small pieces and stir these into the mixture.
  6. Remove your base from the fridge, line with halved strawberries (with the chopped middle facing outwards and pressing against the side of the cake tin).
  7. Pour in your cheesecake mix onto the base, cover with cling film and place on a level shelf in the fridge to set overnight.
  8. Just before you're ready to eat the cheesecake, remove it from the fridge and top with the rest of the fresh fruit. Drizzle with Choc Shot if you want (add syns depending on how much you use).
  9. Serve immediately, it won't last long!

360g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese divided between 10 equals 1/3 of your Healthy Extra A per portion. One Special K Chewy Delight Bar is classed as your Healthy Extra B choice, so sliced into ten slices this recipe equals one portion per slice.

7.3
DSC01024 (2)

Oranges

CookBlogShare

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Link up your recipe of the week

jenny paulin
    21/06/2016 at 7:15 pm amazing!!! who would know this was syn free? love it x
      21/06/2016 at 7:44 pm I know right, so delicious and so not naughty! Thanks for commenting X
      sheila ingram
      27/06/2016 at 7:02 am how is it syn free with icing sugar
        27/06/2016 at 7:03 am Hi Sheila, the Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar is a sweetener so is completely Syn free! Hope that helps, Cliona.
        sheila ingram
        27/06/2016 at 7:14 am ok, but what about the chocolate
          27/06/2016 at 7:16 am The chocolate is just a topping, you'll see in the recipe it's noted as an addition with syns ?
        sheila ingram
        28/06/2016 at 9:00 am sorry, i have to complain again, but you do realise vanilla extract isnt free @?
          28/06/2016 at 9:03 am Hi Sheila, I'm afraid that's not correct. All flavourings, food colourings and essences are Syn free. Thanks for your comment though. Cliona
          • Alex
            06/07/2016 at 6:06 pm you're so tactful! :) can't wait to try this!
      dawn leakey
      15/02/2017 at 6:16 pm what size tin do we need
        16/02/2017 at 7:49 pm Hi Dawn, it's a 20cm by 20cm tin :)
    Grace @ Eats Amazing
    22/06/2016 at 12:31 am This looks amazing! Pinning this for future reference, I just joined slimming world 2 weeks ago so I'm excited to find this recipe!
      22/06/2016 at 6:31 am Thank you very much Grace! So glad you like it and thanks for pinning it!
    Paul Whitehead
    22/06/2016 at 6:56 am Is there a substitute for the Sukrin Melis icing sugar I can use? Tia Paul
      22/06/2016 at 7:26 am Hi Paul, as far as I'm aware there isn't another icing sugar sweetener, but you may find one if you have a really thorough Google. I wouldn't try just regular sweetener as I don't think you would get the same result, is there a reason you don't want to use the Sukrin one? Let me know and perhaps I can suggest a more helpful answer! Thank you, Cliona
        Mark O'Malley
        28/10/2016 at 10:05 am Hi I am trying this tonight but can't get the icing sugar in big supermarket. ...what is its function in the recipie is it to sweeten or to aid with setting?
          28/10/2016 at 10:07 am Fantastic! It's to sweeten and I know lots of people have had great results with regular sweetener so you can definitely give that a go instead! Just sweeten to your taste ?
    Angela / Only Crumbs Remain
    22/06/2016 at 8:35 am This looks amazing Cliona, I love the decoration effect you've got with the fruit and chocolate drizzle....who knew it would a 'healthy' cheesecake. Angela x
      22/06/2016 at 8:36 am Thank you very much Angela! The Choc Shot is a wonderful invention too, because it's healthy chocolate...who knew!! Thanks for commenting x
    Janine Lawrence
    22/06/2016 at 1:28 pm This looks absolutely gorgeous and would make a lovely dessert for an "occasion". Can't wait to try it! Where do you buy Sukrin Melis? I've never heard of it, let alone seen it in Sainsbury's. Also Choc Shot. HELP!
      22/06/2016 at 1:34 pm Thank you very much Janine! It's a bit of a pain but I don't think you can get the Sukrin Icing Sugar in stores, I got mine on Amazon when I discovered it existed! There is a link in the text of the post to take you to the page on Amazon. I think you can also get it on Muscle Foods which is great, but you would obviously have to order past their £25 minimum so it's a good place to get it when you're doing a meat shop with them (if you do, they're amazing!). Choc Shot is however very available in stores, it's usually somewhere near the hot chocolate! Thanks for commenting!
    Fran Back With A Bump
    23/06/2016 at 7:34 pm What a yummy alternative to a naughty cheesecake! #tastytuesdays
    Kirsty Hijacked by Twins
    24/06/2016 at 1:34 pm Oh I love a good cheesecake and to read that this is a healthy one is perfect! Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x
      24/06/2016 at 3:47 pm Thank you Kirsty! It's really really delicious, was so pleased when I came up with it! x
    Honest mum
    24/06/2016 at 6:34 pm This looks incredible!
    Caroline
    25/06/2016 at 9:20 am Hi what size tin? Xx
    Caroline
    25/06/2016 at 1:27 pm The gelatin has gone lumpy in the cheese help ?
      25/06/2016 at 1:28 pm Hi Caroline, so sorry to hear that! Did you use powdered gelatin like in the recipe? You have to completely dissolve it in water before adding it to the cheese. Hope that helps? X
        Stacey Sage
        06/01/2017 at 2:08 pm Hi Cliona, your recipe says 50mls of water is this correct, only the gelatine pack says each pack makes 1 pint of water & that you should add much more water than 50 mls, I have just made this cheese cake & the gelatine went into a complete lump just like Carolines did so now I have a cheese cake without the gelatine ahhh ! is it likely to set at all ? please can you reply asap - Thanks
          06/01/2017 at 2:13 pm Hi Stacey, thanks for commenting. Did you use boiling water? If it isn't dissolving then pop the gelatin with a little more boiling water (another 50mls) in the microwave for 10/20 seconds and that should do it ? Hope that helps!
          • Stacey Sage
            06/01/2017 at 2:23 pm yes it all dissolved no problem, the problem occurred when I added it to the cheese mixture ? it pretty much set straight away which is what makes me think the gelatine should have been added to much more water than 50 mls ?
    Caroline
    26/06/2016 at 11:19 am Hi yes I did - I sieved the cheese mix to get rid of the lumps and then added that to more dissolved gelatine, it is slightly jelly looking bit ill give it a try - it doesn't look beautiful like yours! Xx
      26/06/2016 at 11:50 am How strange I've never had that problem! Glad it has turned out OK, I'm sure it'll be tasty especially with all is the hard work you've put in! Xx
      06/01/2017 at 2:34 pm I'm sure it looks lovely! I've never had that issue with the gelatine, so I'm not 100% sure what to suggest as it always stirs in perfectly for me! If you make it again maybe use 100mls first, also allow it to cool slightly before adding incase the sudden hot to cold makes it lumpy (the only think I can think of!) hope you enjoy it! ?
    Janine Lawrence
    27/06/2016 at 6:54 am I made it yesterday and IT IS absolutely gorgeous! I wasn't able to wait for the Sukrin order, so decided to take the bull by the horns and use granulated sweetener (mine is from Lidl and is called Cologran, the one with the yellow lid). It works perfectly well, in fact you just wouldn't know. I didn't weigh it as it's so light, but added it by taste. In other words, once it was sweet enough for me I stopped adding it! This cheesecake is seriously lovely and looks great too! I've added a photo of it to my SW group Facebook page and there have been lots of admiring comments! Well done on creaing this, Cliona. This will be a staple on my dessert menu,
      27/06/2016 at 7:19 am Hi Janine, thank you so much for commenting! I'm so glad it worked out for you and that you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing it around your group too, that's really appreciated!
    Low Syn Individual Baked Cheesecakes – Basement Bakehouse
    27/06/2016 at 9:40 am […] isn’t from the cookbook, it’s one of my own creations inspired largely by my ‘Syn Free No Bake Cheesecake‘ from the other day, however it was great to read the recipes in the book and realise that […]
    Dee
    28/06/2016 at 12:42 am Hi I'm confused as Philadelphia lightest is synned according to my slimming world so how is it free? Am I not finding the right Philadelphia ? Thanks
      28/06/2016 at 6:43 am Hi Dee, have you read the recipe? Philadelphia Lightest can be used as your healthy extra a option and therefore per slice you are using 1/3 of that which makes this Syn free as mentioned a few times above. If you aren't using it as such though yes you would have to Syn it. I hope that helps! Cliona
    Carolin Cave
    29/06/2016 at 7:04 pm Where can you get powdered gelatin from and exactly how much is used in the recipe as it says 1.5 packet but no size for the packet. I would love to try the recipe so please help.
      29/06/2016 at 8:12 pm Hi Carolin, you can get the packs from most supermarkets. They're 12g each ?
        Lyn Kent
        01/07/2016 at 12:59 pm How many packs of the gelatin do we use please. Lyn
          01/07/2016 at 12:59 pm The recipe calls for 1.5 packs ?
    Anne
    02/07/2016 at 7:38 am Sounds gorgeous cant wait to try it but what is Quark ??
      02/07/2016 at 9:05 am Hi Anne, thanks so much for commenting! Quark is a type of cream cheese, but it tastes and looks a bit more like a thick yoghurt. On its own it's quite tasteless however it's a fabulous healthy cooking ingredient! I use it for loads of things!
    Karen
    04/07/2016 at 8:06 pm Ive have just made this but my geletin went all lumpy too so had to take some out any ideas how to solve this problem for next time plz
      04/07/2016 at 8:30 pm Hi Karen, did you mix the gelatin with the water until it was completely smooth? If so it shouldn't have gone lumpy. However perhaps try adding 20/30mls more boiling water next time, it might make a difference! Hope that helps!
    Vanessa
    05/07/2016 at 9:07 pm Hi please can you tell me what size tin you used? Thanks you
      05/07/2016 at 10:53 pm Hi Vanessa, I used a 20cm tin but depending on how thick you wanted it you could use a bigger one or a smaller one!
    Rags
    05/07/2016 at 10:52 pm Can you suggest a vegetarian way of making it? i.e no gelatine? Or alternatives and amounts?
      05/07/2016 at 10:54 pm Hi Rags, I haven't tried it in a vegetarian way however I know that you can buy veggie gelatin which I presume would just be used in the same way! If you get some it should tell you how to substitute it on the packaging. Hope that helps!
    Jim T
    06/07/2016 at 9:31 am This looks fantastic! I have been looking for a good cheesecake on SW, and I will definitely give this one a go!
      06/07/2016 at 9:35 am Thank you! It's honestly delicious, well worth making and I could never go back to the jelly cheesecakes on SW now!
        Jeanette
        29/10/2016 at 9:52 pm Hi do you know how many syns it is if you do not use your HEX B&A
          30/10/2016 at 9:21 pm Yes it's 6 syns a slice if you're not using your healthy extras! Still not bad for cheesecake!
    Heidi lawton
    06/07/2016 at 11:36 am I can't find sukrin icing sugar - what would you recommend instead plese?
      06/07/2016 at 11:41 am Hi Heidi, there aren't any other icing sugar sweeteners, I do know that people have tried it with regular granulated sweetener and it works but it's not quite as nice. You can buy Sukrin through the link in the post on Amazon or on Muscle Foods ? hope that helps!
        elizabeth roberts
        05/09/2016 at 8:57 am I've just looked on Amazon and it's £17 a pack - very expensive s cheese cake!
          05/09/2016 at 9:00 am Hi Elizabeth, the Sukrin sweeteners are sold out in a lot of places right now unfortunately which has driven up the price of the ones on Amazon super high! They have let me know that they'll be getting more in soon though so this price should go down very soon! Last time I ordered it it was about £4 a pack so it will go down!
    Seven Day Meal Plan – Basement Bakehouse
    06/07/2016 at 4:17 pm […] Seriously Easy Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake recipe here.  […]
    Marlene
    07/07/2016 at 6:34 am That looks brilliant. Thank you. I'm definitely going to try it. Would it freeze do you think?
      07/07/2016 at 8:25 am Hi Marlene, Thanks so much! I haven't personally tried freezing it but I can't see why it wouldn't work...after all you can buy frozen cheesecakes! Let me know if you do try :)
    Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bars – Basement Bakehouse
    10/08/2016 at 10:23 am […] in this recipe too as it makes the cheesecake mix incredible! If you’re yet to try out my ‘Seriously Easy No Bake Berry Cheesecake’ then you might not have come across the icing sugar but I’d really recommend picking some up […]
    HexB Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake with Low Syn Buttercream Icing – Basement Bakehouse
    19/08/2016 at 12:18 pm […] to do with my pudding or cake recipes is to make them as close as possible to the real thing, my syn free cheesecake for example is an actual cheesecake, and in a similar way this is an actual […]
    Kathryn Littlewood
    18/09/2016 at 10:01 am Hello, this is a wonderful cheesecake o thanks for that. I actually bought two tubs of quark by mistake and only 1 tub of Philly and it worked out just fine too. I also substituted the icing sugar for sweetener and put in frozen strawberries and raspberries (defrosted)and mixed it up. It was super delicious so thanks for that.
    Almost Syn Free Apple Crumble Cheesecake – Basement Bakehouse
    15/10/2016 at 9:16 pm […] jelly (with no cheese in sight!), this is a PROPER cheesecake, just like my much loved ‘Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake‘! This cheesecake is just 1 syn per slice, which comes from the cooked apple used in the […]
    14 Things You Know If You Do Slimming World – Basement Bakehouse
    25/11/2016 at 4:07 pm […] Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake…and yes, it’s made with Quark…and yes it’s frigging […]
    Tjp
    07/12/2016 at 8:07 am Unfortunately sweetener is now 1/2 syn per tbsp :( . Do u use the full 200g of sukrin?
      07/12/2016 at 9:38 am Hi Tanya, I wrote this recipe long before Slimming World decided to syn sweetener, however in posts since I have talked about how personally I don't do this. As your limited to one slice because of your Healthy Extras you can only have a limited amount of this cheesecake, unlike for instance the 1/2 syn cake which you could eat the entirety of. I have lost almost four stone without synning sweetener as have many people before me so it's just not something that I'm going to do. However if you prefer to do so then you can of course syn the sweetener in this cheesecake to protect your own weight loss journey. Hope that helps!
    sara kerridge
    21/12/2016 at 12:04 pm This looks amazing can it be made a day in advance
      28/12/2016 at 6:17 pm Yes it definitely can be ?
    Kerry
    19/01/2017 at 8:31 pm Any ideas what the calorie content is in one slice?
      20/01/2017 at 1:50 pm Hi Kerry, unfortunately because Slimming World doesn't involve calorie counting I don't include calories for my recipes. I'm sure you can work it out from the ingredients list if you really need to know though ?
    Healthy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pots - Basement Bakehouse
    08/02/2017 at 3:27 pm […] World friendly version without compromising on that cheesecake-y taste! For instance you can my my Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake, my Almost Syn Free Apple Crumble Cheesecake, my Syn Free Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bars and […]
    Rachel Crawford
    16/03/2017 at 2:31 pm WOW! This looks and sounds A-mazing!!! Could you use the mint choc hifi bars as a base, mint choc options into mixture for mint choc cheesecake?
      17/03/2017 at 1:18 pm That would be really lovely!
    Kitty
    14/04/2017 at 5:40 pm Yummers. Made this yesterday so nice. I couldn't find the special k bars so used 10 Aldi Benefit Light Summer Berry bars (2 are a hexb), i'm also new to slimming world so i synned the sweetner (75g) synning the bars, philly and sweetner it works out at 6syns a slice (10 portions) but I don't know how many syns it would be if I used my hexb and hexa daily allowance for a slice too. Can you help? It would be easy if the bars were 1 for hexb like your recipe but there 2. Sorry for being a pain i just can't get my head around it.