Syn Free Garlic & Parsley Fried Mushrooms
This is a very quick and easy recipe to help you get some added speed food into your meals! Mushrooms are one of my favourite vegetables, but I know that they’re a bit of a Marmite veg…meaning that people either love them or hate them! I think they’re brilliant and I happen to think they’re even more brilliant when fried with garlic and herbs!
As you can see from the picture, I was particularly lazy cooking these as I used ‘Very Lazy Garlic’ instead of cutting up the fresh stuff. I bought Very Lazy Garlic recently when I was in a particularly bad mood and couldn’t be bothered to do all of the chopping and cooking needed to make dinner. I have to say that although I’m usually one for fresh everything it has made my life a damn sight easier! My boyfriend is also pleased because he hates garlic and particularly hates that garlic smell that lingers on your fingers after cutting it! Either way, I’m a convert to the Very Lazy stuff…but you could of course use fresh garlic and I’ve included quantities for both in the recipe below.
One of the most important pieces of advice any Slimming World-er can give a newbie is to eat as much speed fruit and veg as possible. The general rule is one third of your plate, but of course that doesn’t always happen. Just try and do that as much as you can and you’ll be fine! On a perfect week I might have 1/3 at every meal, more often than not though I probably mange it for about 75% of my meals…which isn’t too bad considering! Speed foods are the high density low calorie fruit and veg, which makes them ideal for filling us up without weight gain. If you’re not sure what counts as a speed food and what doesn’t just have a look at my Speed Food Shopping List.
A great side dish for any meal!
- 10x Button Mushrooms (or similar type)
- 1tsp Very Lazy Garlic/2x Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Handful Roughly Chopped Parsley
- Fry Light
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Slice the mushrooms evenly and add to a frying pan over a high heat. Spray with Fry Light and crack over salt and pepper.
- Stir and fry for 2 minutes, spraying Fry Light every so often to maintain a good level of moisture. The salt will draw moisture out of the mushrooms and help them cook.
- Add the garlic and parsley and continue to fry until soft.
- Serve with extra parsley to garnish and enjoy straight away!
Syn free on Slimming World.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later!