Perfect for sharing, these Chicken Quesadillas are packed with speed food, melted cheese and tender chicken, and completely syn free! What’s more, this dish is ready in under 20 minutes, which makes it absolutely ideal for those nights where you just want to chuck something together quickly, and still have it taste great!
Share it between two of you, or make a few for a get together with friends, without having to spend hours slaving over a hot stove. Simply fry up the ingredients, mix together a few more, sprinkle on some cheese and pop it all together inside two of the BFree Wheat & Gluten Free Wraps which can be used as your Healthy Extra B, and whack it in the oven for five minutes, et voilla! One of the lovely things about this recipe in particular is the contrast between the soft cooked chicken and peppers, and the crunch of the raw tomatoes, brought together beautifully with a lime and coriander dressing, they’re delicious!
There is always a huge amount of confusion about which wraps can be used as your Healthy Extra B choice on Slimming World, but the BFree Wheat & Gluten Free ones can absolutely be used as such! You can have one as your Healthy Extra B choice, so if you wanted to make this as an individual Quesadilla (I prefer mine for sharing) you can simply use one and wrap it over and around the fillings instead. This recipe also uses your Healthy Extra A choice with 40g of grated mozzarella!
In this recipe I’ve only used half a chicken breast, as I buy my meat from Muscle Foods and their chicken breasts are gingantic, but if you’re using a normal one from the supermarket you’ll need to up the quantity to at least a whole chicken breast. You can pick up the Muscle Foods chicken here.
If you’re particularly hungry, and really don’t feel like sharing, you can eat the full recipe for an extra 4.5 syns for the wrap and 6 syns for the cheese. If you want to bring that down a bit though, you can simply halve the amount of cheese (to make one Healthy Extra A portion) and spread it out across the same recipe. If you do that, I’d say this meal is more than worth an extra 4.5 syns!
I decided to just have half of the Quesadilla, and stick with it as a syn free meal. To fill me up I served it with my Garlic & Herb Chips (find the recipe here), and because the Quesadilla itself is full of speed food, I didn’t feel the need to make any more to pop on the side! Not only did this cut down on washing up (which is one of my biggest annoyances in life!) but it made it feel like an even more ‘naughty’ meal, when in reality it couldn’t have been less so!
A syn free chicken quesadilla using your healthy extras!
- 1x Large Red Pepper (chopped small)
- 1/2x Tin Sweetcorn
- 1/2x Muscle Foods Chicken Breast (chopped small - see my Exclusive Muscle Foods Deal for details)
- 2x Large Tomatoes (chopped small)
- Handful Fresh Coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1x Lime (juice only)
- 2x BFree Wheat & Gluten Free Wraps
- 80g Grated Mozzarella
- Fry Light
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry together the peppers and chicken until cooked, add the sweetcorn just before they're done. When cooked, set aside to cool.
- Mix together the tomatoes, lime juice and a third of the coriander and season with salt & pepper.
- Lay out one of the BFree wraps on a baking tray. Spoon the chicken, peppers and sweetcorn on top and then add the tomato mix.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella and top with the second wrap.
- Pop it in the oven for five minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into quarters and sprinkle over the rest of the coriander. Serve with chips!
Syn free on Slimming World using your Healthy Extras.
*I was sent some of the products in this post to review however all views and opinions expressed are my own.