I think I probably do a stir fry about once a week, so I’m always trying to find new and interesting flavour combinations and sauces to create to keep things interesting! This particular stir fry was delicious! The thick, shiny sauce gave it a whole new dimension and it was packed with speed food which made it even more brilliant. You can view the whole recipe video, or use the written instructions below!
The not so secret ingredient in this recipe is Xanthan Gum. If you read my recipes regularly you’ll know that it’s something I use quite a lot to thicken sauces, because it’s syn free and incredibly effective. Just one teaspoon of Xanthan Gum does the same thing as about four tablespoons of flour! You can pick Xanthan Gum up from Amazon really cheap, and it lasts forever. Find it here.
A seriously satisfying stir fry packed full of speed food!
- 450g Sliced Beef Steak
- 1x Head of Broccoli (chopped up small)
- 1x Onion (diced)
- 1tsp Garlic
- 4x Spring Onions (sliced, plus extra for garnish)
- 8x Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1x Pak Choi Root (leaves only)
- Fry Light
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- 500mls Beef Stock
- 1tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1tbsp Sukrin Gold
- 3x Nests Dried Egg Noodles (cooked as per packet instructions)
- Fry Light
- Fry the onions over a high heat with Fry Light, then add the spring onions and garlic. Fry until softened.
- Add the beef to brown.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms, stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and beef stock and simmer for another couple of minutes. Sprinkle on the five spice and mix.
- Stir in one tablespoon of Sukrin Gold and mix. Cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Sprinkle in half the Xanthan Gum and mix until dissolved, then add the other half and do the same. Stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the pak choi on the top of the stir fry and cover to steam for a few minutes. Stir in.
- Mix in the noodles and stir together.
- Serve with a sprinkling of spring onions and enjoy!
Syn Free on Slimming World. Some people have recently begun synning sweetener at half a syn per tablespoon. I do not do this however if you do this then feel free.