It’s almost Christmas party season and we’re all slimming to get into our glad rags, but with that comes the prospect of endless nights off plan and the possibility of undoing all of the hard work. Don’t get me wrong, I love a party as much as the next gal but I’m pretty keen to limit the damage where possible! Any good party (in my opinion anyway!) has nibbles, to hand around on platters and line everyone’s stomachs before the booze gets too much, and as such they tend to be stodgy and unhealthy. Not any more though! These divine little nibbles are only 2.5 syns, and pretty large at that! Watch the video to see how to make them, or see the instructions below:
I could only fit in four before I felt full, which makes them the perfect addition to your own Christmas shindig, or to take along to a friends party! They’re also perfect for taster evenings at Slimming World groups, because they’re simple and quick so you can chuck them together when you get back from work no problem!
Christmas can be a tough time for us Slimmers. We’re surrounded by chocolate, cake, mince pies and booze, and sometimes it can be easier to just pack it all in and tell ourselves we”ll pick it all back up after the festive season. If that works for you then by all means give it a go, but speaking from personal experience it’s really tough to get back on plan once you’re off it! It’s a struggle that I’m having at the moment, as the last couple of months haven’t exactly been the most healthy of my Slimming World journey! Granted my home cooked meals have largely been on plan, but that’s about as far as it goes. I’ve indulged in one too many takeaways, given in to the temptation of one too many bags of sweets and stuffed my face with ice cream and chocolate non stop! I’ve been really busy and I’ve used it as an excuse to go off the rails. I’ve been telling myself for weeks that one more day off plan won’t make any difference, that I might as well enjoy that extra slice because I’ve already been off plan and it’s not like one more bite will make me overweight again. The problem is that each one of those ‘one more bites’ turns into a lot of bites, and I can now feel every single one of them on my body…
A couple of months ago I was down to my lightest weight so far, and since then I’ve pretty consistently put on. I’m not quite out of the size of clothes I had got into, but they’re feeling tight and I’m generally uncomfy again. It’s an awful feeling, and its really effecting my confidence. I’m seeing myself fall back into old habits of hiding behind baggy clothes and avoiding mirrors before I get into the shower. I had come such a long way and right now I feel like shit. But even as I write this I have made a resolution, that it doesn’t continue. I am not going to keep on undoing all of my hard work for temporary sugar fix after temporary sugar fix, I am NOT going to become the girl I used to be. A girl ruled by her uncontrollable food cravings and lack of will power…I just won’t let it happen, not even because it’s Christmas! That’s why arming myself with recipes like this one is especially important for me. I can take a tray round to my aunt and uncle’s house at Christmas, nibble on these and pick wisely at Christmas dinner. It’s not about depriving myself, and I’m sure I’ll go over my syns that day for sure, but I will remain in control no matter what!
Perfect Slimming World party food for just 2.5 syns each!
- 1x 320g Sheet Light Puff Pastry
- 1/2 Muscle Foods Lean Rump Steak
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1x Egg
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Thinly slice the red pepper and set aside.
- Thinly slice the rump steak and set aside.
- Lay out the puff pastry on a clean dry surface and slice into 20 equal squares.
- Whisk the egg for the egg wash.
- To assemble each individual nibble you need to take one square of puff pastry and carefully slice two new corners into it, making sure to join them at the points. These are the bits you are going to pull over the steak and pepper to make the pattern.
- Lay a slice of beef and a slice of pepper diagonally across the middle of the puff pastry and add a bit of egg wash on either side.
- Carefully pull the outside corners on each side over and join them to the inside square of puff pastry, pressing into the egg wash to stick.
- Repeat 20 times and season.
- Bake for 10 minutes. You may need to use two trays or do this in two batches.
- Remove from the oven when puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool before handing them around at your party!
Each nibble is 2.5 syns on Slimming World.