Packed with speed food and melted cheese this pasta is to die for! So simple to make, in just one pot (massively saving on the washing up there!), it’s the perfect mid-week meal or comfort food for a lazy weekend where you just can’t be bothered to cook but really don’t want to give in to naughty temptations. You don’t need many ingredients in to make a slap up meal, it’s just a case of having the recipes under your belt to know what you can make from those ingredients!
See below for the recipe video and instructions!
With a rich, thick and glossy tomato sauce, which is packed full of flavour, you’d be hard pressed to guess that this was a healthy recipe. If you didn’t know better, you might assume it was full of olive oil, butter and even cream, but nope…it’s just a cracking syn free meal which will surprise any Slimming World sceptics out there! Anyone who says that healthy food has to be boring, tasteless or made 100% out of lettuce is severely misinformed. The great thing about a homemade, healthy tomato sauce is that you’re including a lot of speed food in your meal without even realising it. Tinned tomatoes are speed, and of course cherry tomatoes are too. In this sauce they remain very much part of the dish (not blended down although that’s fine too) which adds bulk and means you have less pasta on your plate. Doing this helps to balance the meal, and between that and all of the tender Muscle Foods chicken you’ve got a very well organised dish. Just look at that sauce…
I’ve recently got really into my recipe videos, they’re not perfect but hopefully they get the general idea across! You can watch the video here, and see below for the full ingredients list and instructions too!
Totally syn free cheesy pasta using your HexA!
- 2x Muscle Foods Chicken Breasts
- 1x Pack Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1x Onion
- 1x Tinned Tomatoes
- 300g Dried Spaghetti (roughly)
- 1 Pint Boiling Chicken Stock
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4tsp Chilli Flakes (plus extra for garnish)
- Fry Light
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 140g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Dice the onions and chicken and fry with Fry Light until the outsides are cooked.
- Add chilli powder and chilli flakes and fry until just cooked through. Remove the chilli coated chicken and onions from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the tomatoes, stock and tinned tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until hot.
- Add the basil and dried spaghetti and cover. Simmer for five minutes and then mix in the semi cooked spaghetti. Season and continue to simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the chilli chicken and cover to until the pasta is cooked through.
- Tip in the cheese and stir until it's all melted and has thickened up the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkling of chilli flakes for extra heat!
Syn free using your HexA between four people.