Low Carb Breakfast Burger
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and as such needs some very special treatment! This Low Carb Breakfast Burger is just the ticket…it’s lean, syn free on Slimming World, gluten free, high protein and oh so yummy, what more could you want? Don’t take my word for it though, give it a go yourself! Find the recipe below and see the how it’s made in my brand new recipe video!
What is a Low Carb Breakfast Burger?
This delightful breakfast/brunch recipe is my new take on bacon and eggs. With a minced bacon bun (you can make minced bacon by simply pulsing lean bacon in a food processor). Packed full of parsley, the bacon burger is a lean mean protein machine, full of flavour and all the salty goodness of bacon. This is sandwiched between two eggs, which fall somewhere in between poached and fried, topped with a healthy portion of cheddar for extra texture and flavour.
For extra goodness, this low carb breakfast burger goes perfectly with a side of healthy pan fried tomatoes. What’s more, to save on washing up you only actually need one pan to cook this whole recipe, winner winner if you ask me!
Breakfast – the most important meal of the day!
Growing up you’re always taught that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You sit down religeously every morning with your family, wolf it down before school and off you trot, to learn, do and live in the knowledge that your body is nourished and sustained right through until lunch. For some reason, for many of us, when we’re suddenly left to fend for ourselves as adults, breakfast can fall by the wayside! We rush out of the door to work, coffee in hand, forgetting totally to eat breakfast…lunch isn’t too far away right?!
That used to be me, until I started Slimming World and discovered how important breakfast was in my day. When you eat breakfast you give your brain what it needs to function properly and fire on all cylinders. This means you’ll perform better at work, uni, school, or just doing the every day tasks that fill your day. Without breakfast you can end up sluggish, your concentration can be effected and if you’re anything like me you can get seriously ‘hangry’! Big, filling meals like this low carb breakfast burger are the perfect way to start your day.
Making Your Low Carb Breakfast Burger
Here are the instructions to make your Low Carb Breakfast Burger, find the recipe video below!
A tasty low carb breakfast burger - syn free on Slimming World, gluten free & easy to make!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4x Rashers Bacon (fat removed)
- Handful Roughly Chopped Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- 2x Eggs
- 15g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1x Tomato (sliced)
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Pint Water
- Food Processor for mincing the bacon
- 2x Mason Jar to use the lids
- Mince the bacon in a food processor .
- Mix the minced bacon with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the lid of a mason jar to shape the mince into a burger patty. This ensures that the burger is the same size as your cooked eggs will be.
- Spray a deep frying pan with Fry Light over a medium heat and add your burger patty, add the tomato slices to cook alongside it. Spray with cooking spray as necessary.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, remove them and set them aside, and once the burger is cooked through remove it and set aside.
- Clean the frying pan and place back over the heat. Place the lids of your two mason jars in the frying pan, so you have two rings to cook your eggs in.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray and crack in the two eggs.
- Use a fork to break the yolks so that you have a flat surface.
- Pour the water into the frying pan around the egg rings and cover to poach the eggs.
- When they are almost done, top one of the eggs with the cheese. Remove the eggs from the frying pan when they are cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Layer the burger on top of the egg without the cheese. Top with the cheesy one.
- Season and garnish with extra parsley and your tomatoes.
- Enjoy straight away!
Syn free on Slimming World using half of your Healthy Extra A. Syn values correct at time of writing, please do not screenshot this recipe. Share the link as it helps prevent others from stealing my recipes!