Sometimes you just need a cheesy carb fix, right?!? I know I do anyway…particularly since I started growing a little human inside me. Sometimes only carbs will do, and whilst 90% of the time I spend my time focusing on healthy carbs, a cheesy bowl of pasta really can’t be beaten when it’s cold outside. However, as much as I might want to indulge my cravings, I also want to stick to a meal that fits within my daily Slimming World plan. That’s where food like this Syn Free Creamy Cheese and Bacon Pasta comes in!
Save Your Syns with Syn Free Creamy Cheese and Bacon Pasta
In truth, I had no intention of writing this recipe up! I just really really needed a bowl of pasta and cheese, but it turned out to be so full of flavour and so delicious that I couldn’t resist sharing it. The best part, outside of the sheer cheesy goodness, is that this recipe is totally syn free if you use your Healthy Extra A option on Slimming World. The recipe serves four people and contains four servings of cheese/milk, which make up four Healthy Extra A portions. This makes it super simple to divide up and track as part of the Slimming World plan.
As you can see, keeping it syn free doesn’t stop it being a creamy, cheesy, bacon-y delight! By cutting the fat off your bacon you keep that element syn free, and using whisked egg to increase the creamy texture brings the whole dish together. It’s then simply a case of proper syn free seasoning to bring out the best flavours, giving you the best Syn Free Creamy Cheese and Bacon Pasta you could ask for!
Making Syn Free Creamy Cheese and Bacon Pasta
This recipe is syn free on Slimming World when you use your Healthy Extra A option for the day, so you can dig in and enjoy a bowl of cheesy pasta without compromising your weight loss! To help protect your weight loss, I have kept the portion size controlled and suggest that you enjoy this dish with a third of your plate made up from speed foods.
This Syn Free Creamy Cheese and Bacon Pasta is packed with flavour and feels super indulgent, whilst helping you stick to your Slimming World plan.
12 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 250g Uncooked Spaghetti
- 90g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- 250mls Semi-Skimmed Organic Milk
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1x Egg (whisked)
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Pepper
- 1/2tsp Mustard Powder
- 6x Rashers Smoked Bacon (fat removed - sliced small)
- Add the milk to a medium sized saucepan and heat until it is almost boiling.
- Add the pasta and boiling water and heat until the spaghetti is underneath the liquid.
- Add the salt, pepper and mustard powder and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat and then reduce to a medium heat to simmer with the lid off until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- Meanwhile, fry your bacon until it is crispy. Set aside.
- Remove pasta from the heat and add the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add the whisked raw egg and stir quickly through the pasta. The egg will cook as it is stirred through, but will remain in liquid form providing a creamy texture.
- Stir through two thirds of the bacon, retaining the rest for garmish.
- Serve between four people, with the rest of the bacon as garnish, and enjoy straight away.
Syn free on Slimming World when divided between four people and counting each portion as 1 Healthy Extra A option. Can be reheated - add a small amount of water and reheat over a low heat. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please do not screen shot this recipe - share links. Photos and writing are owned and copyrighted by Basement Bakehouse. This recipe must not be duplicated or copied elsewhere and any images used must be fully credited and linked to wwww.basementbakehouse.com