Yes, it’s that time of year again! The time of year when everything turns pumpkin spice and even though the air is still warm and the days are still long, there is a sense of anticipation in the air. You can’t walk down your local high street without smelling hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove enticing you in to your local Starbucks! This delicious, sugar and dairy free pumpkin spice latte is the perfect alternative to keep your pumpkin spice cravings fulfilled without the high calorie price tag of the commercial options! Scroll down for the video & recipe for this delicious Healthy Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Is This Pumpkin Spice Latte Slimming World Friendly?
This delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte is in indeed Slimming World friendly, and uses just half of your Healthy Extra A in the process! In fact, without the whipped cream on top (which is entirely optional) the latte itself is syn free. It uses 250mls of Unsweetened Alpro Almond Milk, which counts as half your HexA, and all of the spices are syn free. You can add Sweetener as an optional extra, but anything below one tablespoon (three teaspoons) is syn free, so feel free to add a couple without any guilt whatsoever!
Does a Pumpkin Spice Latte Contain Pumpkin?!?
So, during my extensive research for this recipe, I have come to the conclusion that a pumpkin spice latte does NOT need to contain pumpkin, although many recipes out there do. The pumpkin spice is the important part, and that is made up of a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and clove. Canned pureed pumpkin is really tough to find in UK and it would feel like a waste to cook an entire pumpkin for a drink, so I have not included the pureed pumpkin in this particular version. However, I have added it into the recipe below as an optional extra if you have some to hand!
How To Make A Healthy Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
Here’s the recipe and recipe video for this delicious Healthy Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte. If you prefer to use regular semi-skimmed milk instead make sure to count your full Healthy Extra A on Slimming World for 250mls.
A dairy and sugar free Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe!
2 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
7 minTotal Time
- 250mls Unsweetened Alpro Almond Milk
- 2tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3tsp Ginger
- 1/3tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/3tsp Ground All Spice
- 1-2 shots of Espresso
- 1-2tsp Sweetener (optional)
- 1tbsp Pumpkin Puree (optional)
- 2tbsp Light Squirty Cream
- Mix the spices together in a small container. This makes just over a tablespoon of pumpkin spice, and you can use as much or as little as you like in this recipe and save the rest for later.
- In a small saucepan add the almond milk along with your pumpkin spice. I added a lot as I like mine with a strong flavour, add less if desired.
- If desired add your sweetener and pumpkin puree too.
- Over a low heat simmer the mixture until it is frothing, whisking all the time.
- Remove from the heat when it is bubbling and continue to whisk until you have a layer of foam on top. Pour into a warm latte glass.
- Tip in your espresso and allow it to settle.
- Add the squirty cream on top if desired.
- Dust with some extra pumpkin spice and enjoy!
1/2 a syn for light squirty cream. Syn free if no cream added. Uses half of your Healthy Extra A on Slimming World. Add sweetener as desired. Syn if necessary. Syn values correct at time of writing.