Make Ahead Bacon, Cheese & Veg Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast muffins are all the rage at the moment and rightfully so! They’re quick to make, easy to meal prep and high in protein so they’ll keep you going until lunch…they’re the perfect breakfast choice. These bacon, cheese and veg ones take just 20 minutes to prepare, and make a delightful breakfast or snack throughout the day. Find the recipe & video down below.
Now that I’m working from home, I’m lucky enough to have the luxury of cooking interesting breakfasts day to day, but it’s very easy to lose track of time in the kitchen and I’m trying to keep to a strict schedule of work and breaks. Therefore it’s just as important for me to meal prep, even though I’m only a few seconds away from the kitchen!
Not only are these delicious egg muffins totally syn free for those of us following Slimming World, using your Healthy Extra A, but they’re also gluten free and low carb, so they’ll fit into just about any healthy lifestyle plan. If you prefer to leave out the cheese they’ll still work just as well too, so can be made dairy free if you so choose.
Meal Prepping Your Breakfast Muffins
This recipe is ideal for meal prep, because egg muffins will last in the fridge for three days. This means you can make your Breakfast Muffins on a Sunday night and not have to think about breakfast until Thursday morning. Then all you’ve got to do is make another couple of batches on Wednesday night and you’re set until the weekend! This recipe makes enough for two days, so simply scale up and down as desired.
A High Protein Snack
These breakfast muffins don’t just make a sensational breakfast, they’re also ideal to keep as a healthy snack to keep you going between meals. If you’re following Slimming World, these are also perfect for an SP day. If you’re not sure what ‘SP’ means, you can find all the info in my Easy Extra SP Explained article.
Making Your Bacon, Cheese & Veg Breakfast Muffins
You can find the video for how to make these delicious, high protein and low carb breakfast muffins below! Here are the step by step instructions and ingredients…
Delicious egg breakfast muffins, filled with cheese, bacon and veg...the perfect way to start the day!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 5x Eggs
- 3x Pieces of Bacon (lean, all fat removed & chopped up)
- 3x Closed Cap Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2x Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 60g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray (syn free variety on Slimming World)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and fry your bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes until cooked. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together and season, add the cheese and mix.
- Divide the bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes equally between six large muffin cases.
- Pour in the egg, making sure that the egg and cheese are equally divided. You may need to move some of the mixture around with a spoon to make sure of this.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve! Enjoy hot or cold!
Syn free on Slimming World using your Healthy Extra A. Remove cheese if you don't want to use your Healthy Extra A. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please don't screen shot this recipe to share, instead use the link. Thank you!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS BACON, CHEESE & VEG BREAKFAST MUFFINS RECIPE FOR LATER!