If you’re looking for an easy, quick and delicious syn free recipe then this Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake is a perfect choice! Ready in just 30 minutes it’s perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep! Not only that, but it’s full of extra hidden veg to please even the pickiest of eaters, making it a healthy, balanced option for the whole family. It’s the kind of recipe that you can whip up with ingredients you most likely have in the house already, and it’s the very best comfort food!
Not Your Average Tuna Pasta Bake
What sets this Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake aside from other recipes you might find out there, is that it goes beyond just stirring some sauce, tuna and pasta together and plopping it in to bake. By cooking up the fresh vegetables you add a greater depth of flavour, whilst adding in more texture and some delicious hidden veggies. For me, a simple dish like this doesn’t have to be boring or bog standard, it can be elevated with some simple cooking techniques and a little bit of love.
Totally Syn Free on Slimming World
As the name of this dish suggests, it is a totally syn free recipe! As long as you count the cheese as your Healthy Extra A choice, you can slot this syn free tuna pasta bake easily into your weekly meal plan. Whilst it is full of speed food, with the cherry tomatoes, onion and passata, I’d suggest pairing it with a healthy salad for extra speed food, or enjoying it with some steamed broccoli or green beans to keep yourself nice and full.
Whether you’re a newbie to the Slimming World plan, or an old hat at counting your syns, it can be really helpful to keep a few staple recipes in your arsenal to help you stick to the plan. Making a syn free tuna pasta bake is one of my go to options, particularly when I’m looking to meal prep a dish that can last me a few days for lunch! Some other recipes that I love to build into my week on the regular include…
Making Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake
Like I’ve said, this syn free tuna pasta bake couldn’t be more simple to whip up on a chilly autumn evening! You only need a few simple ingredients and after baking at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes you’ll have a delicious family meal or meal prep lunch.
A simple, delicious and syn free Tuna Pasta Bake recipe. Contains 4 servings. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please do not screenshot this recipe. Images and text: Copyright Basement Bakehouse.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 200g Fusili/Penne Pasta
- 1x Onion (diced)
- 2x Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 330g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 320g Tuna in Spring Water (drained)
- 200g Passata
- 100g Grated Mozzarella
- 60g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 15g Flat Leaf Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the pasta as per cooking instructions.
- Meanwhile add the onions to a saucepan over a medium heat and spray with plenty of low calorie cooking spray. Saute the onions until they are soft and starting to brown slightly.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and garlic, along with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the tomatoes bare soft and starting to form a sauce.
- Turn to a low heat and add the tuna, parsley and passata. Stir through until just bubbling.
- Remove the pasta from the heat when cooked through and drain the water. Stir the pasta into the tuna sauce.
- Stir through half of the mozzarella and cheddar and transfer to a baking tray. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to brown on top.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Syn free on Slimming World when using your Healthy Extra A option. 1 Healthy Extra A = 3