Want a delicious, low syn Fakeaway steak recipe? Try these Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites tonight!
Anyone who knows me or reads this site knows how much I adore a good Fakeaway, particularly one that’s ready in under 30 minutes! These Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites are packed with flavour, covered in a silky smooth sauce and beyond tender.
What’s more, they’re low syn on Slimming World which makes them a total must make for any slimmer!
A Low Syn Slimming World Fakeaway Recipe
You might not believe it to see them, but these steak bites are actually low syn on Slimming World! It’s one of my favourite low syn fakeaways and it takes less time to make than my local takeaway takes to deliver…massive bonus!
The best thing about these fakeaway Chinese steak bites though is that they use a few super common ingredients and don’t need loads of fancy techniques or cooking. Simply get some juicy beef steaks, get cooking and serve it up with perfectly fluffy rice and fresh steamed veggies. Perfection!
The syns in this Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites recipe are as follows:
- 1tbsp Honey = 2.5 syns
- 3tsp Corn Flour = 3 syns
- 1tsp Sesame Seeds = 0.25 syns
That makes the entire dish just 5.75 syns, which I will round up to 6 syns to help protect weight loss.
This recipe serves 3 which makes it just 2 syns per serving on Slimming World!
How To Make Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites – Step By Step Instructions
This is a super quick, super easy Slimming World friendly Fakeaway recipe that takes just a few simple steps to make. You’ll get a totally delicious sticky, slightly sweet and salty Chinese style sauce covering tender strips of beef steak… all for just 2 syns per serving!
Trim any fat from your steak. I used Sirloin Steaks for this recipe but you could use Rump or Fillet depending on your preference.
Rub one teaspoon of cornflour and half a teaspoon of salt into the beef chunks.
Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and bring to a high heat. Add your beef and fry until all the pieces are brown but not cooked through all the way.
Combine the beef stock, corn flour, soy sauce, sesame seeds, chilli, garlic and honey together and add to the beef chunks over a high heat.
Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to simmer, stirring the beef occasionally until the sauce thickens.
Garnish with a pinch of sesame seeds and some chopped fresh chilli and serve as desired.
Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites: Printable Card
So, there you have it! A 20 minute Fakeaway recipe that goes perfectly with rice, noodles, or simply just with veg for a low carb alternative! Super low syn and way more tasty than an unhealthy takeaway, you can’t go far wrong with a Fakeaway recipe for all the family.
Serves 3 Servings
These Sticky Honey Garlic Steak Bites are a low syn, Slimming World friendly Fakeaway that the whole family will enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
5 based on 10 review(s)
- 3x Sirloin Steaks (or alternative) - fat trimmed & sliced into strips or chunks
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 5tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1tsp Sesame Seeds (plus an extra pinch for garnish)
- 1.5tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1tsp Fresh/Frozen Chili (finely chopped - plus extra for garnish)
- 3tsp Corn Flour
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Combine the steak pieces with one teaspoon of cornflour and the salt. Rub the cornflour through to coat the steak.
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat and add your steak.
- Fry until browned over a high heat.
- In a bowl combine the beef stock, honey, remaining cornflour, sesame seeds, garlic and chili and stir until combined.
- Add the sauce to your beef and bring to the boil before reducing the heat to simmer.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens and coats the beef.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chili and sesame seeds before serving alongside your side dishes of choice.
2 syns per serving on Slimming World. 6 syns in total. Syn values correct at time of writing. Please refer to official Slimming World resources for up to date syn values. Please do not copy or reproduce this recipe or its images elsewhere. It is the sole property of Basement Bakehouse.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!