Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats
Breakfast is the most important and delicious meal of the day with these Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats! Perfect for giving you the morning energy boost you need and super simple to whip up, they make a brilliant Slimming World breakfast choice.
Oats are without a doubt one of the most useful ingredients for anyone following Slimming World. They can, of course, be used as your Healthy Extra B choice, due to their high fibre content, and they’re an excellent choice if you’re looking for a filling and nutritious ingredient.
*this post contains affiliate links.
Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats for Slimming World
Baked oats are a very popular Slimming World breakfast choice because you get all of that filling power of the oats with any number of delicious filling choices! I have in the past brought you a very simple, plain baked oats recipe which can be topped with your fruit or sauce of choice.
However, introducing flavoursome ingredients into the oats themselves is a great way to make your breakfast even more satisfying. That’s where these Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats really come into their own! They’re perfectly sweet and are a great way to use your syns in a nutritious and healthy way that is sure to keep you full until lunch time! The syns in this Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats recipe are:
- 40g Oats – Healthy Extra B
- 1tbsp Honey – 2.5 syns
- 50g Mashed Banana – 2.5 syns
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder – syn negligible
- 4tbsp 0% Fat Yogurt – syn free
- 1x Egg – syn free
- 1/2tbsp Granulated Sweetener (optional) – syn free (sweetener does not need to be synned if it is less than 1tbsp per serving)
Total syns: 5 per serving
Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats – Step by Step
These baked oats really couldn’t be more simple, but there are a few tips to help you get the perfect bake. The recipe serves one, although it’s a large serving and could be split between two if you’re not feeling very hungry. If you do that, simply halve the syn value! I’d recommend pairing it with extra fruit and a dollop of yogurt for extra nutritional power.
Add the oats, baking powder, yogurt, egg and granulated sweetener (if using) together in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
Add the banana and honey. Stir until combined and smooth.
Transfer into a small baking tray (you can get loads on Amazon)
Cover with foil or baking paper and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10 minute or until the oats are cooked through and the top has browned. Don’t be alarmed if the top of your oats catches slightly (as mine have done!), it’s the sugar in the honey that causes them to brown quite quickly on top and doesn’t impact the flavour!
Your oats may drop slightly in the middle. Top with the rest of the banana and a dollop of yogurt, plus an additional teaspoon of honey if desired or your toppings of choice. (toppings not included in the syn value and must be accounted for when used.)
I love seeing when people make my recipes! So if you do make this recipe for Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats then you can email it to me or share it on Facebook and Instagram tagging @basementbakehouse on Facebook or @basementbakehouse_sw on Instagram! I’d also love it if you shared your baking in my Facebook group too, you can join here if you haven’t already.
How To Make Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats
Making is Slimming World friendly baked oats recipe is a brilliant way to start your day. This Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats recipe counts as 5 syns towards your daily total and is a much more healthy and nutritious way to use those syns than, for example, a chocolate bar or cake!
Yields 1 Serving
A delicious, Low Syn Honey & Banana Baked Oats recipe for Slimming World!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 40g Oats
- 1x Egg
- 4tbsp Fat Free Plain Yogurt (plus 1tbsp for topping)
- 50g Mashed Banana (retain the rest of the banana for topping if desired)
- 1tbsp Honey (plus extra for garnish if desired - remember to syn any additional honey used)
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tbsp Granulated Sweetener (optional)
- Add the oats, baking powder, yogurt, egg and granulated sweetener (if using) together in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the honey and banana. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Transfer into a small baking dish .
- Cover with foil or baking paper and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10 minute or until the oats are cooked through and the top has browned.
- Remove from the oven - your oats may sink slightly in the middle. This is totally fine!
- Top with the rest of the banana and a dollop of yogurt, plus an additional teaspoon of honey if desired or your toppings of choice. (toppings not included in the syn value and must be accounted for when used.)
5 syns on Slimming World plus 1x Healthy Extra B portion.
Syn values correct at time of writing.
Please do not screenshot this recipe as syn values may change in the future.
To ensure that this recipe is gluten free please check that the oats and baking powder used are marked as gluten free.
I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way and am not a trained Slimming World consultant.
18/06/2019 at 7:15 am
11/07/2019 at 7:09 pm
16/08/2019 at 6:12 am
14/02/2021 at 6:18 am