Best Ever Syn Free Mashed Potato
When I decided to join Slimming World, one of the biggest changes to my diet was cutting down dramatically on butter, and removing oil completely. On the most part it has made no difference to my daily life because…well, Fry Light exists and is basically a god send!
However there is the odd occasion where I do miss butter from my life, and that is particularly true when it comes to mashed potato. I’ve always been a believer that the more butter in mashed potato the better, so when I started Slimming World I was a bit worried. Since then though I’ve messed around with a few different ways of making syn free mash, and I can honestly say that how I make it now tastes just as good to me, as the high syn version ever did! What’s more, is it’s so so simple…
Creamy, smooth, silky mashed potato!
- 5 Regular Potatoes (or more if you're cooking for more people obviously!)
- Boiling Water
- 1 Chicken/Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1.5tbsp Quark
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into medium sized pieces (I usually halve and then cut each half into 4-6 pieces)
- Cover the potatoes with boiling water and add your chicken stock and place on a high heat. Boil for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain almost all of the water, leaving about 50mls left in the sauce pan. Put the potato back in the sauce pan.
- Add the quark and mash until the potato is smooth and creamy.
Syn free on Slimming World!
23/10/2016 at 2:35 pm