This is a delicious, sweet and decadent tasting recipe, and it goes perfectly with so many things…frankly I got through half of it on its own last night! I actually find it much smoother than regular lemon curd, and it’s much less rich, so it’s easier to eat as a central part of a pudding – perfect when you’re trying to be good!
This recipe is just lemon-y enough, without being overpowering and as we come into summer, it’s the ideal thing to have in the fridge to use in a tart, enjoy with some fruit, or just as a sweet treat when you’re in danger of reaching for something naughty! I enjoyed it on top of a meringue nest with a drizzle of Choc Shot for a deliciously sweet pudding at just 3.5 syns in total!
Zingy, smooth and delicious syn free lemon curd!
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Eggs
- 5tbsp Sweetener
- 2tbsp Quark
- Mix the zest of the lemon, the lemon juice, the sweetener and the eggs together in a glass or metal bowl.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer and place your bowl over this, making sure that the water does not touch the bottom of your bowl.
- Stir continuously until the mixture thickens to the point that it does not run back together when you run the spoon through it. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Take it off the water and stir for a minute or so to allow it to cool.
- Mix in your quark and transfer to a jar or bowl for use in whatever dish you fancy!
Syn free on Slimming World!
I’ve linked this post up to:
A few things to help you on your Slimming World journey…