online viagra australia net I’ve been wanting to try Hasselback potatoes for a while, but I was quite worried that they wouldn’t work without a tone of oil. Every recipe I see online calls for butter, then oil, then more butter, and that’s just not Slimming World friendly!
But I was having a few people over for dinner the other night and I thought what the hell, I might as well give them a go! Obviously you don’t have to put cheese and bacon on top of yours but frankly, I’d then think you were a bit strange! These were divine, like roast potatoes on steroids covered in cheese, and I’ll be making them again in a heartbeat. We ate them with plenty of veg and some tasty gammon, and it made for an excellent dinner.
A fantastic way to use some of your HexA choice, and fantastic with basically anything or on their own!
- 15 Medium Sized King Edward Potatoes (or similar)
- Fry Light
- 60g Red Leicester Cheese
- 5 Rashers of Bacon (all fat cut off)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Rock Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees, and wash your potatoes, but don't peel them.
- Carefully use a sharp knife to slice each potato from side to side multiple times, every 3mm or so, being careful not to cut all the way through. You should leave about one to two centimetres uncut at the base, but cut enough that the sections can pull apart slightly. Don't worry that they don't fan out completely yet, as they do so when you bake them.
- Spray a tray with lots of FryLight and then place your potatoes on the tray. Spray with lots more FryLight and sprinkle with rock salt and pepper.
- Sprikle over your fresh rosemary, and pop in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime greate your cheese and chop up your bacon into small pieces.
- Fry the bacon until crispy just before you take your potatoes out of the oven, and then carefully put bits of bacon between the ridges of the potatoes. Sprinkle over any remaining bacon and then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Put the tray back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted and has started to catch slightly.
- Remove and serve immediately while they're still hot and melted!
Syn free on Slimming World if using the cheese as your HexA. This recipe serves five when each person eats three potatoes, and the cheese accounts for two portions of HexA across the whole dish.
Head over to Sneaky Veg to see more delicious recipes from the #CookBlogShare linky!
I’ve also linked up to Tasty Tuesday from Honest Mum, another place to find delicious recipes!
Head over to the #RecipeoftheWeek linky to discover loads more recipes!