Syn Free Tomato & Chilli Risotto

If you’re looking for a quick, simple and delicious syn free lunch or dinner then look no further. Full of speedy tomatoes, and perfect with a plate of salad or steamed greens, this risotto packs just enough of a kick to get you going.

Ready in 15 minutes it’s also perfect if you simply don’t have time to spend slaving away over an oven!

Serves 2

Syn Free Tomato & Chilli Risotto

Gently spicy, warming risotto dish!

15Cook Time

Save RecipeSave Recipe

• 100g Risotto
  • 1L Boiling Stock (chicken/beef/vegetable)
  • 1tbsp Mixed Herbs
  • 15 Cherry Tomatoes (halved, plus extra to decorate)
  • 1/2tsp Chilli Flakes
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
  • Fry Light

1. Over a medium heat spray a sauce pan with Fry Light and then add your risotto rice.
  2. Stir briefly and then add half a litre of stock and simmer for a few minutes.
  3. As the stock begins to absorb/evaporate continue adding more a little at a time, stirring regularly.
  4. When the rice has expanded slightly but is still hard to the bite, add the tomatoes, chilli flakes and mixed herbs.
  5. Continue adding stock and stirring until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is soft.
  6. Serve with a crack of salt and pepper and top with a few fresh cherry tomatoes for added freshness!

Syn free on Slimming World!

7.8.1.2

Syn Free Risotto

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Link up your recipe of the week
CookBlogShare

Kirsty Hijacked By Twins
    03/05/2016 at 1:35 pm I love risotto and this one sounds delicious. My little one would love the addition of cherry tomatoes on the top x #tastytuesdays
      03/05/2016 at 2:36 pm Thanks so much Kirsty! #tastytuesdays
    Emma
    03/05/2016 at 7:01 pm This looks really yummy - I love recipes that are short and to the point and produce something that looks like id eat it! #CookBlogShare
    Alison
    04/05/2016 at 2:46 pm Love this. Risotto is lovely anyway but the cherry tomatoes add a little extra
      04/05/2016 at 4:15 pm Thank you Alison!! They add a really nice added crunch too :)
    Honestmum
    06/05/2016 at 11:33 am Love risotto!
    jojo moye book me before you
    09/05/2016 at 1:09 pm My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome website!
    Hayley @ Snap Happy Bakes
    10/05/2016 at 7:18 pm Risotto is one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing #CookBlogShare. Sorry I'm late :-)