Are they breakfast? Are they pudding? Are they a delicious sweet snack to have whenever you fancy? Yes, yes and well…yes! They are also my favourite new food for summer!
Made using your HexB, two slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (although actually if you weigh them you might get more as you’re cutting the crusts off!), and lots of delicious speedy fruits, these are ideal for Slimming World-ers this summer!
These could also be completely syn free if you didn’t add the Choc Shot, but I’m a sucker for a chocolate fix so they’re so worth a syn, ditto if you didn’t drizzle chocolate over the top then they’d only be half a syn each so it’s really up to you!
Delicious, light, fruity, fantastic hot or cold and with 1 syn of chocolatey goodness!
- 4 Slices of Wholemeal Bread from a 400g Loaf (crusts cut off)
- 2 Eggs
- 2tbsp Sweetener
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 8 Strawberries
- Handful of Raspberries
- Choc Shot (optional)
- Chop up your strawberries and raspberries into small chunks and mix together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg and sweetener.
- Put a saucepan on a high heat on the hob.
- Gently press your bread down so it flattens slightly.
- Take the first slice of bread and spoon a table spoon of the fruit mixture about a third of the way up the slice.
- Drizzle half a teaspoon of Choc Shot over the fruit (if you want) and then roll the bread up around the fruit.
- Spray your saucepan with Fry Light, and then keeping your bread rolled up dip it in the egg so that the outside is covered.
- When the pan has heated up place the roll in it so that the open edge is face down (this will help close it and make sure it doesn't come open when you turn the roll) and cook each side evenly. You don't want it to be cooking too long as that would mean cooked fruit and that means syns! You just want the bread and egg to cook.
- Once all sides are evenly cooked take off the heat and put to once side. Repeat with the other three slices of bread.
- When they're all done top with the rest of your fruit and drizzle more Choc Shot over the top if you want to. If you want added sweetness just sprinkle a bit more sweetener over the top too!
- Enjoy two as your HexB, hot or cold!
1 syn each if using Choc Shot & the bread as your HexB. If you aren't using the bread as HexB then syn it. If you don't use Choc Shot these will be syn free!
You can buy Choc Shot at most local shops, but just in case you can also get it on Amazon here… (it lasts forever so it’s very worth having!!!!)