I made these tasty little puff pastry nibbles for my mum’s birthday last weekend, and they went down a treat! At only 1.5 syns each, they make staying on plan at parties so much easier, and they’re super easy to boot!
Nibbles are one of the most wonderful thing about parties, but as Slimming World-ers we are always instructed to steer clear of ‘beige food’ – a term which encompasses pretty much all food you’ll find at a party. These however, are totally Slimming World friendly! You can enjoy them without any guilt whatsoever, and carry on sipping on your diet tonic water 😉
Low syn nibbles perfect for parties!
- 1x 375g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 1tbsp Red Pesto
- 1tbsp Green Pesto
- 30g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a clean surface or chopping board.
- Spoon on your pesto, with the red on one side and the green on the other. Spread them over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly.
- Roll each side of the puff pastry inwards from the sides, so that they meet in the middle length ways (not from the bottom and top).
- Cut the roll into 45 pieces, and lay on a baking tray (either sprayed with Fry Light or on baking parchment). You may need to do multiple batches.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
1.5 syns per puff pastry swirl.