On Slimming World there is no end to the little swaps and switches you can make, to turn high syn treats into low syn every day options! Potato salad which is something, that although it has the word salad in the name, is usually full of fat making it a totally non Slimming World friendly dish. This version however, is just a syn per portion, and tastes just as good! You can now pile your plate high with delicious potato salad at lunch, or dinner, and it makes a fantastic option for parties or big family meals where you’re trying to stay on plan!
You’ll notice that the quantity of potato salad in the pictures is somewhat larger than that in the recipe, and that’s only because I tripled the recipe to feed everyone at my mum’s birthday party the other week. I’ve shrunk the portion down though to give you enough to make potato salad for four people, or enough for four meals whichever way you look at it! This potato salad went perfectly with my Syn Free Lemon & Dill Baked Salmon, and both dishes are ideal for start of the week meal prep! Just make a big batch of this on a Sunday, along with a side of salmon, and you’ve got a cheap, delicious and super low syn lunch for the rest of the week!
If you’re looking for a simple, quick, and delicious side dish for just about anything, whether that be meat, fish or veggie, then this is a must save recipe for you! You can print the recipe for later if you’re on a computer, or bookmark it on your phone for when you’re stuck for recipe inspiration! Don’t forget if you’re in need of inspiration you can also follow me on Instagram, where I share all of my meals, even the ones that don’t quite make it onto here as full recipes. Liking my Facebook Page is another way to stay up to date with my recipes, and whenever you’re stuck you can just have a little scroll through the timeline to find something delicious to try!
A simple, delicious way to feed a family or meal prep for the week ahead!
- 600g New Potatoes
- 2tbsp Light Mayonnaise, I used Heinz Seriously Good Light Mayonnaise (add syns if using more)
- Handful of Loosely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Half your new potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and then reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork through one.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix the potatoes together with the chopped shallot, parsley, salt and pepper, and vinegar and then add the mayonnaise to bind it all together.
- Serve hot or cold with your dish of choice!
1tbsp of Light Mayonnaise = 2 syns 1 syn per person if feeding four people. 4 syns in total.