This nachos style feast is the ultimate in Slimming World comfort food! A layer of crispy potato wedges, perfect for dipping, a mountain of tasty mince and gooey melted cheese… it really doesn’t get more comforting than that!
The flavours in this dish are, of course, in keeping with the Mexican theme, with cumin, paprika and chilli taking centre stage. Delicious red peppers also add extra speed to the dish. Personally, as someone who doesn’t really enjoy nachos, I’d take this over its unhealthy counterpart any day!
Food swaps like this are what make Slimming World so fantastic. You can enjoy this nachos style feast without wasting a single syn when using your Healthy Extra A, keeping yourself satisfied and on plan. With food like this, who needs junk food! Fakeaways like this are essential for Simming World-ers, enabling us to enjoy the same (or similar) food as everyone else whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle and losing weight. I’m really not sure why anyone else would EVER need another diet!
When making this recipe I had a few different options for the cheese, I could have used cheddar or mozzarella but I decided to go down a bit of a different route. I was recently sent some Primula Light to try, something I jumped at the chance to do as you can have an ENTIRE tube as your Healthy Extra A. Cheese is basically my spirit animal so being able to eat more of it is what I’m usually aiming for at any meal. I’m not going to lie though, I was a bit sceptical as whilst I’m a big fan of cream cheese, eating it from a tube initially conjured up an image of dodgy 70s dinners! I was in the mood to have my mind changed though, so I decided to top my Nachos Style Feast with Primula Light!
I really enjoyed Primula Light and will definitely be using it again! Because it’s already cream cheese it melts really evenly and stays runny as you eat it and because you add it on from the cheese you can distribute it perfectly! I actually only used one tube for this (see how much you get!) so when serving two this only used up half of my Healthy Extra A!
Delicious nachos style feast, syn free on Slimming World.
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 5x White Potatoes (e.g. King Edward)
- 400g Lean Mince
- 1x Tin Tomatoes
- 2x Red Peppers (sliced)
- 1x Onion (diced)
- 1tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1.5tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1x Tube Primula Light
- Fry Light
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.Spray a baking tray with Fry Light.
- Cut your potatoes into wedges, spread them out evenly on a baking tray, spray with plenty of Fry Light & season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crispy on both sides.
- Meanwhile, fry the garlic and onions until soft and then add the mince. Stir and fry until browned.
- Add the tinned tomato, cumin, paprika, chilli and salt & pepper and stir. Cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes (or until the wedges are done).
- Take the wedges out of the oven and add them to a deep oven safe dish, making sure they go up the sides for dipping later!
- Tip on the mince and then spread the Primula Light evenly over the top.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes. Serve whilst nice and hot!
Syn Free on Slimming World using half of your Healthy Extra A per person (serves 2). Syn Values correct at time of writing. Please do not screenshot this recipe, share the link instead! It stops people illegally stealing content and helps protect this website. Thank you!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS NACHOS STYLE FEAST RECIPE FOR LATER!
*I was sent the Primula Light in this recipe to try for free however all views and opinions are my own and I only ever recommend products I enjoy!