You’re going to have to bear with me on this one, because you’re probably thinking I’ve gone crazy with this one! But honestly, cloud eggs are my new favourite way to eat eggs! Properly seasoned and perfectly cooked it’s a fantastic change up to an ingredient that can sometimes get a bit samey. These Cajun Spiced Cloud Eggs are the recipe you never knew you needed!
Why Cloud Eggs?
These eggs are called cloud eggs because of the way the egg whites are cooked, basically to look (you guessed it!) like a cloud! This is done by whisking the egg whites up to form stiff peaks and baking those before adding the yolk to bake afterwards.
Now, if you ask me egg whites can taste a bit bland on their own, but by adding the Cajun spice and seasoning the egg whites properly they transform into white fluffy clouds full of flavour!
Are These Slimming World Friendly?
Unsurprisingly, given that cloud eggs are just eggs, they are of course syn free on Slimming World! However these work great on Slimming World not just because they’re syn free, but also because they help offer a bit of variety into your meal plan!
It might not be the same for you but eggs make up a large part of my Slimming World diet and sometimes that rotation of boiled, fried, poached, boiled can get a bit tiresome. Getting bored is probably the number one reason that people end up going off plan so having some different options to throw in there can be a massive help! That’s where these can be incredibly useful!
Making Cajun Spiced Cloud Eggs
Here are the step by step instructions for how to make these Cajun Spiced Cloud Eggs and you can find the recipe video to show you exactly how these are made below!
- 2x Eggs
- Pinch Cajun Spice
- Salt (to taste)
- Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees.
- Separate the egg white and egg yolks, carefully retain the egg yolks to add later.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks and season with salt.
- Spoon the egg whites into two mounds on a sheet of baking paper sprayed with Fry Light and carefully form them into circular 'clouds'. Make a dip in the centre of each 'cloud' to put the egg yolk in later.
- Sprinkle the Cajun spice onto the clouds and bake for 10 minutes, or until they have firmed up and start to brown slightly on top.
- Remove them from the oven and carefully tip the egg yolks into the centre of each cloud (careful not to break them...I did!). Sprinkle with a bit more Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Pop them back in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or longer for a harder yolk.
- Enjoy straight away for best taste!