Stuffed Cheese & Bacon Burger (Syn Free)
I love a good burger and one of my favourite things about Slimming World is that you can enjoy a proper burger without eating a single syn! This Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Burger is a step above any other burger you’ve made at home (trust me on that!) and you need is a few simple ingredients and a Stuffz Burger Press which you can pick up on Amazon for next to nothing!
I mean…look at all that cheese! Have you ever seen something so beautiful? This particular stuffed burger is essentially an inside out Bacon & Cheese Burger, which keeps it moist, gooey and tasting amazing. If you like this you’ll probably enjoy my Pizza Stuffed Burger too…trust me that’s one to try too! I can seriously recommend getting your hands on a Stufz Burger Press because you can literally stuff your burger with anything and that opens up a whole realm of possibilities.
I adore Slimming World because it gives you so much flexibility to enjoy the food you love, as long as you’re making it yourself from fresh, lean ingredients. I know that many people, myself included, have hugely broadened their horizons through Slimming World. Now I eat food that I had previously disregarded or decided I didn’t like, like butternut squash for example, which has not only broadened my taste buds but given me a whole host of new recipes to try!
I am forever getting comments or emails from people about my cheesy recipes saying that you can’t surely eat that and still lose weight. Not only do they obviously not understand the Slimming World plan, as the cheese is your Healthy Extra A or synned, but they’re just wrong. For sustainable and healthy weight loss you need to have fats and dairy in your diet, simply in moderation. It is never good to cut any food group out, unless you have a real food allergy or intolerance, so a lifestyle plan which understands that is going to be much better long term than one which bases itself on deprivation and starvation!
You can pick up a Stufz Burger Press on Amazon for just a few pounds here: http://amzn.to/2k3woBg
A syn free burger stuffed with melted cheese and crispy bacon!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 400g Lean Mince (less than 5% fat)
- 1x Egg
- 1tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 70g Grated Cheddar Cheese (HexA x 2)
- 4x Rashers Lean Bacon (diced and cooked)
- Fry Light
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Add the mince, egg, herbs and salt & pepper into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add mince into the bottom of your Stufz Burger Press and create the hole following the instructions on the packet.
- Fill the hole with half of the cheese and bacon, cover the top half of the Stufz Burger Press with more mince and press it shut. Press down hard to ensure it is all sealed.
- Open and push the burger out of the press. Put it on to a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light and repeat the process.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes and serve with a wholemeal bun, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Slice in half and enjoy the gooey cheese!
Syn free on Slimming World using your Healthy Extra A. Add six syns if not using Healthy Extra A.
*This post contains affiliate links.