If you’re in the market for a new, healthy and delicious dessert then look no further! I made this Lighter Than Light Healthy Lemon Mousse because I was seriously craving sweetness but didn’t want to give into the chocolate cupboard. This was the perfect solution! Light, fluffy, sweet and tangy, it is the healthier answer to your pudding worries!
How Many Syns In This Healthy Lemon Mousse?
The only syns in this lemon mousse come from the sweetener and then there are additional syn if you decide to top with light aerosol cream (I recommend it!). Without the cream these are just half a syn each, accounting for the five tablespoons of sweetener used. If you don’t like using sweetener you can of course replace with sugar, however this would increase the syn value accordingly.
With the squirty cream these are a syn each, allowing for about 3 tablespoons of light squirty cream (half a syn) on each one. With or without the cream, this healthy lemon mousse recipe is a god send when it comes to lighter desserts, especially on Slimming World!
Why Do You Need To Syn Sweetener?
Just in case you weren’t aware already, Slimming World recently bought in new rules which state that granulated sweetener must be synned at half a syn per tablespoon. This is only if there is half a tablespoon or more per serving, any lower than that and you don’t need to syn (unless you eat more than one serving of course). As this recipe makes five servings and there are five tablespoons of sweetener used, it is synned at half a syn per tablespoon.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!
If you like this recipe or any of my others, I’d love for you to join in over on Facebook! You can ‘like’ my Facebook page, where you’ll see all of my recipes as well as suggestions of new and exciting recipes from elsewhere on the internet and how to adapt them to Slimming World!
If you want to share your own recipes, ask for and give advice and generally be part of a fun, friendly and interesting Facebook group dedicated to Slimming World then I’d love for you to join my Facebook group! You’ll find loads of like-minded people, who are on the same journey as you, and can share your experiences and help you out along the way!
You can also find me on Instagram, Twitter and find all of my recipes on Pinterest!
Making This Lighter Than Light Healthy Lemon Mousse
So, without further ado here is the recipe for this delicious & healthy lemon mousse! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! If you make it, please leave a comment below or share it on my Facebook page, Instagram, or Tweet me!
A delicious, light and fluffy healthy lemon mousse. Just half a syn each on Slimming World!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2x Fresh Lemons (zest & juice)
- 4x Eggs (separated)
- 4tbsp Fat Free Plain Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 5tbsp Granulated Sweetener (I used Sukrin :1)
- Light Aerosol Cream (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and reduce the heat so that it is simmering.
- Place a glass bowl over the top, making sure that the water doesn't touch the bowl, and add the egg yolks, lemon juice & zest, sweetener and yogurt.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens into a lemon curd consistency. You'll know it's done when you can dip the back of a teaspoon in and then draw a line through the middle of the liquid on the teaspoon without it running.
- Take off the heat and set aside, stirring occasionally as it cools.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When the lemon curd mix has cooled completely, gradually add it to the egg whites and fold it in until it is combined. Careful not to knock too much of the air from the egg whites.
- Divide between five containers and leave in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
- Top with sqirty cream if desired.
- Eat within 2 days of making!
The mousse is half a syn each when split between five portions. Add an extra half a syn per mousse for the squirty cream if used. Syns correct at time of writing. Please do not share screenshots of this recipe.