Low Carb Chocolate Fondant

Low Carb Chocolate Fondant - Slimming World - Healthy - Valentines Day - Dessert - Keto Diet - Low Syn

Chocolate is the food of heaven and chocolate fondants have forever been one of the most coveted desserts around. I don’t know about you, but every time anyone in my family has ever eaten at a restaurant that serves chocolate fondants it gets ordered! The same is true for me, however for a long while now they haven’t exactly featured highly on my healthy eating routine…until today! I’ve put together this Low Carb Chocolate Fondant to answer all of my own, and your, chocolate prayers. The best part is that this gorgeous chocolate dessert is low carb and even Slimming World friendly!

Low Carb Chocolate Fondant on Slimming World

It might seem somewhat unbelievable that something as rich and chocolatey as this Low Carb Chocolate Fondant could possibly be Slimming World friendly, but it certainly is! Whilst it might not be low syn, it comes in at just 6 syns for one. The mixture makes two, perfect for sharing and the whole mixture is 11.5 syns. Broken down this includes:

• 6 syns for the cocoa powder
  • 1 syn for the baking powder
  • 3 syns for the Rice Malt Syrup
  • 2 syns for Elmlea Single (alternative to single cream – add 1 extra syn if using single cream instead)

Six syns for an entire chocolate fondant, which might set you back 15 or 20 syns in a restaurant, is really pretty low making this perfect for special occasions when you still want to stay on plan! You can even enjoy it with lots of speed fruits to make it even more suitable! If you choose to eat your Low Carb Chocolate Fondant with ice cream or cream then, of course, you’d still need to syn that, but when the main event is only six syns then why wouldn’t you! To keep the syns low in this recipe I used Elmlea Single instead of single cream, Elmlea is half a syn less, however, it does contain hydrogenated fats so you may prefer to count the extra syn for the recipe and stick to single cream instead.

If you needed any other reasons to love this Low Carb Chocolate Fondant, you might want to know that it’s not only low syn, but it’s also gluten-free, free from refined sugars, suitable for low carb and low GI diets (like the Keto diet) and it is even a good source of anti-oxidants due to all of the cocoa powder! What more could you ask for from a dessert?

Perfect For Valentines Day

Of course, a Low Carb Chocolate Fondant is welcome any time of year, but it might be particularly suitable for any Valentine’s day celebrations you have coming up. Just because it’s a special occasion doesn’t mean that you should have to compromise your healthy eating plan so looking for new and delicious ways to introduce unhealthy looking desserts into that plan is the answer! You might remember my Healthy No Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes from last year, which were also ideal for your Valentine’s Day celebrations, but this year it’s all about the Low Carb Chocolate Fondant!

How To Make Low Carb Chocolate Fondant

This is a super rich, dark chocolate dessert. If you want to add a slightly sweeter edge to it then add a little extra Rice Malt Syrup or sweetener of your choice. However, personally when combined with some ice cream and fresh strawberries a bit of dark chocolate is just what you need for a romantic evening in!

You will need to have some ramekins or pudding moulds to bake these, I got mine on Amazon here – http://amzn.to/2nbYqwM

If you’re following this on Slimming World keep the recipe as it is below, however if you’re following the Keto diet or another low carb diet I would suggest swapping the Rice Malt Syrup for the equivalent amount of granulated sweetener (you could also do this on SW) as the syrup is relatively high in carbs. With the syrup this recipe has 12g of carbs (still well within your daily allowance) but if you swap to a sweetener like Sukrin for example it drops down to just 3.5g of carbohydrates!

Yields 2

Serves 2

Low Carb Chocolate Fondant

Proof that even if you're eating healthily, you can eat chocolate!

5 minPrep Time

10 minCook Time

15 minTotal Time

Save RecipeSave Recipe

• 6tbsp Cocoa Powder (plus extra for the moulds)
  • 1tsp Baking Powder
  • 2tbsp Rice Malt Syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
  • 2tbsp Elmlea/Single Cream
  • 2x Eggs
  • 2tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)

1. Prheat your oven 180 degrees.
  2. Mix together the cocoa powder, baking powder and Rice Malt Syrup.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the eggs thoroughly and then add them to the cocoa powder. Mix until smooth.
  4. Add the cream and mix until you have a glossy chocolate batter.
  5. Coat the inside of two rounded pudding moulds or ramekins with some cooking spray and cocoa powder. Make sure to coat to the top.
  6. Divide your mixture between the two moulds and bake for 10-12 minutes. The tops should be cooked but still wobbly.
  7. Remove from the oven and run a knife carefully around the inside edge of the moulds to loosen the chocolate fondant.
  8. To remove it from the mould, place your plate on the mould and turn the whole thing over. Carefully remove the mould from the fondant and enjoy!
Cuisine: Slimming World | Recipe Type: Dessert

6 syns each on Slimming World. Syn values correct at time of writing. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE SCREENSHOTS OF THIS RECIPE - share links instead! Serves 2.

7.7.0.1
182

DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS LOW CARB CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE FOR LATER & FIND THE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW!

This Low Carb Chocolate Fondant is to die for! Oozing with gooey chocolate in the middle it's also Slimming World and Keto friendly, at just six syns! It's also free from refined sugar (sugar free) AND gluten free! This is the ultimate romantic chocolate dessert recipe for Valentine's Day!

Swati Saxena
    25/01/2018 at 11:11 pm Loved the recipe of chocolate fondant cake , it healthy and delicious!
    Chris
    25/01/2018 at 11:18 pm Absolutely love a chocolate fondant! My hubby is going to LOVE this recipe come Valentines day! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    Rebecca
    26/01/2018 at 12:07 am Can't go wrong with chocolate!
    Calleigh
    26/01/2018 at 1:19 am Omg, I can hear my waist is screaming for mercy. I want to have one bite !!
      26/01/2018 at 11:05 am Don't worry Calleigh! It's a healthy one, low carb, sugar free!
    Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine
    26/01/2018 at 2:08 am Such a delicious looking cake! LOVE me a chocolate dessert :) And love that it's healthy, too.
    April
    26/01/2018 at 1:24 pm This looks so decadent. I love that it's low carb and healthy. My sister is looking for low carb desserts. She's trying to get beach ready so I'm going to send her your recipe.
    Danielle
    26/01/2018 at 1:33 pm Who doesn't love a good chocolate dessert? My boyfriend is a chocolate fanatic, so I'm sure he would love something like this. YUM!
    Alyssa
    26/01/2018 at 2:05 pm Your chocolate ooze is perfection. I'd add a big dollop of vanilla ice cream to the top. Delish, and perfect for an upcoming Valentine's Day dinner.
    Dannii
    26/01/2018 at 2:18 pm Oh I’ve hit a serious chocolate craving now. This would be perfect for valentine’s day.
    Traci
    26/01/2018 at 2:32 pm Well, this recipe makes this look easy! I'll be bookmarking for a later date! Thanks for sharing :)
    Andrea @ Cooking with Mamma C
    27/01/2018 at 4:44 pm I understand the need to enjoy chocolate without ruining your diet! It looks like you've come up with a great, guilt-free dessert. Yum!
    Natalie
    27/01/2018 at 4:52 pm Looks like the perfect dessert for Valentine's day, especially for me - who tries to maintain a low-carb diet. Looks delicious!
    Kim @ Three Olives Branch
    27/01/2018 at 5:17 pm This looks so delicious! Such a perfect, special dessert for Valentine's day. It looks so rich and yummy!
    Haley Williams
    27/01/2018 at 6:32 pm These look SO good! Perfect for Valentine's Day
    Nicola Morris
    28/01/2018 at 3:38 pm I want to do this for a dinner party but don't want to be whisking eggs in my kitchen diner with the guests at the table, can these be re-heated? or can I make up the batter ahead of time? Need an answer before next Saturday 3rd Feb please.
      29/01/2018 at 11:16 am Hi Nicola, they can't be reheated I'm afraid but you could definitely make the mixture beforehand and just pour and cook before your guests eat. Please remember to dust the inside of the mould with cocoa powder or drinking chocolate (which will make it a bit sweeter!) as otherwise you'll really struggle to get it out of the mould and that would be a disaster when you have guests there. Also, they're pretty rich so double check with your guests if they prefer something a bit sweeter, at which point you could add more sweetner or swap one tablespoon of cocoa to drinking chocolate. This would impact the syns but it's always worth checking with your guests! Enoy!
    Nicola Morris
    29/01/2018 at 1:16 pm Thank you Cliona, I shall do a dummy run later today, we need to be sure it will work....he he he...who am I kidding, I just need to get them tasted they look SOOO scrummy.
    Nicola Morris
    29/01/2018 at 3:20 pm How hot should the oven be please
    Nicola Morris
    29/01/2018 at 4:07 pm Thank you
    Nicola Morris
    29/01/2018 at 10:58 pm Sorry if I appear to be taking over this thread, and correct me if I am wrong, but either it should read 6 teaspoons of cocoa for 6 syns or if the 6 tablespoons is correct then we are looking at 15 Syns for the cocoa.
      29/01/2018 at 11:38 pm Hi Nicola, don't worry! Unbranded cocoa powder is 1.5 syns per tablespoon. If you're using a specific brand however you'll need to double check the syns. 😊
        Nicola Morris
        30/01/2018 at 1:50 am I just rechecked the SW website Syns list and unbranded is 2.5 syns per tablespoon but Morrisons is 1.5 so even if you specified Morrisons own brand it would still be 9 syns for the cocoa