This Individual Bacon & Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe is a healthy, carb loaded, cheesy delight which can be enjoyed totally syn free on Slimming World!
When you’re looking for comfort food, you can’t get much better than a tasty pasta bake! This Individual Bacon & Broccoli Pasta Bake recipe makes two large portions (I split mine into two in the end) and is not only packed with tasty bacon but combines it with plenty of speed food to help balance out the carbs on Slimming World and I would suggest pairing it with a crisp salad for extra veg power!
A Slimming World Friendly Pasta Bake Recipe
This Individual Bacon & Broccoli Pasta Bake is totally syn free on Slimming World and makes two large portions as I’ve said above. If you prefer to make it all as one large pasta bake you can of course, but I love making individual portions like this as it means you can carefully measure your Healthy Extra A (the cheese) and also make sure you’re putting plenty of veg in each portion.
To make sure that this is syn free, you need to use lean bacon (which has had the fat trimmed off) and be sure to measure out your Healthy Extra A portion of cheese. The great news is that since Slimming World changed the rules, you can have two portions of Healthy Extra A as part of your daily plan.
This means you can enjoy this cheesy dinner recipe as well as having milk in your tea, or however else you choose to use your allowance. As I’ve said, the broccoli means you have plenty of speed food in this dish and the fresh tomatoes simply serve to add to the speedy power of this recipe.
How To Make Individual Bacon & Broccoli Pasta Bake
This Slimming World friendly pasta recipe is a super simple dish and it’s one that the whole family will adore! You can buy really cute individual dishes on Amazon which make serving this recipe up a total treat.
In reality, you could happily split this between four portions with some extra salad on the side, but to keep you hungry slimmers satisfied I’ve specified that it feeds two.
Yields 2 Individual Pasta Bakes
A delicious, cheese topped pasta bake recipe filled with bacon and broccoli - syn free on Slimming World and perfect for the whole family.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
5 based on 12 review(s)
- 200g Penne Pasta
- 6-8 Rashers Lean Bacon
- 1x Broccoli
- 1x Onion (diced)
- 1x Garlic Clove (minced)
- 4x Tomatoes (diced)
- 1x Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1x Chicken Stock Cube/Stock Pot
- 150mls Water
- 80g Grated Mozzarella
- 60g Grated Red Leicester
- 1tsp Dried Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion, bacon and garlic together in a saucepan until the bacon begins to go crispy and the onions are soft and beginning to caramelise.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and cook until they begin to break down and produce sauce.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes along with the broccoli, parsley, stock cube/stock pot, tomato puree and the water.
- Bring to the boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil until the sauce begins to thicken up.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato sauce.
- Divide between your individual dishes.
- Mix the mozzarella and Red Leicester together and top each pasta dish with half of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown on top.
- Garnish with some more parsley and serve hot.
Syn free on Slimming World using 1x Healthy Extra A serving.
Syn values correct at time of writing.
Please do not screenshot this recipe as syn values may change in the future.
I am not affiliated with Slimming World in any way and am not a trained Slimming World consultant.