I saw this recipe as a video done by the amazing Buzzfreed Tasty originally, and simply had to try it! I’ve never actually tried a one pot pasta before but seeing it done on video left me in no doubt that it would work amazingly. Not only is this absolutely delicious but a huge upside is that you’re saving on washing up, and in my life that’s always a bonus! Another big plus is that this meal is ‘free’ on Slimming World as well as being quick, simple and full of flavour from the fresh herbs. I made the recipe to feed four and also tweaked it slightly using stock and adding bacon bits to just lift the flavour and texture slightly!
Simple, delicious, and saves on the washing up!
- 400g Dried Spaghetti
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- Pack of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Handful of Whole Fresh Basil Leaves
- Handful of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1L Boiling Vegetable Stock
- Chopped Cooked Bacon (to serve)
- Add all of the ingredients except the stock, bacon and a few of the basil leaves into a medium sized sauce pan and then add a quarter of the boiling stock over a high heat.
- Stir the pasta regularly as it bubbles away and gradually add the stock as it evaporates until the pasta is cooked and has formed its own sauce.
- Divide into four portions and serve with bacon and a sprig of basil.
This recipe is Syn free on Slimming World!