1 Syn Chocolate Brownies
I’m a chocolate girl through and through, but when I saw that people were making Slimming World brownies I was pretty sceptical. How can you get decent brownies which are still good to eat on the Slimming World diet? Here’s how…
Well having looked at plenty of recipes and done some of my own testing I’ve come to the conclusion that you totally can! Many of the recipes that I’ve seen don’t have any flour in, but I have included a little bit to help give them the best rise possible but I’ve kept them very low syn! The flour is optional though, it makes the brownies bigger but less soft, personally I always go with bigger as it means they’re more filling and satisfying but it’s up to you! These brownies are a decent size but still only one syn per square, which is pretty epic in my books…you’re never going to get the gooey unhealthy effect that you do with regular brownies but if you’re looking for a chocolate fix then they’re incredible!
The perfect low syn chocolate fix you were looking for...
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 35g Sweetener
- 1tbsp Self Raising Four
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 2tbsp Water
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks (you should be able to hold the bowl upside down without them falling out).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sweetener, cocoa powder and water until they're smooth.
- Gently fold in the egg whites until they're all incorporated and then fold in the flour.
- Pour into pre-prepared container - I used quite a small deep one because I wanted thicker brownies but simply use a wider one if you're looking for a thinner brownie.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
If cut into 8 squares these brownies are 1 syn each on Slimming World (full batch = 8 syns)