Meatballs are a seriously easy and very delicious meal, and this recipe is oh so simple to make! To make them even better, I’ve borrowed a trick from the lovely Jamie Oliver to help keep these wonderfully moist!
This meal was a resounding success chez moi and they were relatively quick to make too. If you’re looking for a healthy, simple and impressive meal then these are for you! What’s more, they’re are syn free on Slimming World!
Tender, juicy and full of flavour!
- 2 Eggs
- Handful Basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 Raw Potato (peeled and washed)
- 1tbsp Dried Mix Herbs
- 1tsp Rock Salt
- 1/2tsp Paprika (optional)
- 1/2tsp Chilli Powder (optional)
- 1/2tsp Mustard Powder (optional)
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes/Jellies
- 100ml Boiling Water
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2tbsp Tomato Puree
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Add the mince, herbs, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the potato into the mince (thank you Jamie!!!) and then crack the eggs in.
- Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together until the mince starts to really stick together.
- Set 75g of the mince to one side.
- Roll small handfuls of the remaining mince into balls and place on a baking try which has been sprayed with Fry Light. You should get about 15 meatballs from the mixture depending on how big you do them.
- Spray Fry Light over the top of the meatballs and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the mince that you set aside in a pan over a high heat, and then add the tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, beef stock cubes or jellies, boiling water and some salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and continue to stir until the sauce has thickened up.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven when they're done, and mix into the tomato sauce .
- Stir gently for a few minutes and serve over pasta!
This recipe is syn free on Slimming World!