Pizza Style Jacket Potatoes
So when it comes to jacket potatoes I have always been a traditionalist. Cheese, baked beans and so so much comfort! But I’m well aware that that’s not the most balanced meal in the world, and in any case, a jacket potato offers a glorious blank canvas for you to do so much with!
Here’s one of my new favourite ways to eat a jack-pot…pizza style! You can top these with whatever kind of meat or vegetable you like so I’m really just giving you guideline of how I made them in terms of the actual toppings. The bit that’s the real winner though is the tomato sauce, which is so much better than any of the ones that comes in a jar or a tin. So get cooking, and get eating!
Take these as your packed lunch to work, or enjoy them as a comforting dinner. Whatever your choice you can be certain they'll knock your socks off!
- Fry Light
- 3 Jacket Potatoes
- 4 Tomatoes
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Chilli (optional for a bit of kick)
- 100ml Boiling Water
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- Handful Basil Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- Mini Mozzarella Balls
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. ham, mushrooms etc...)
- Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Microwave your jacket potatoes for 10 minutes until they've become quite soft (this just helps get a good centre), and then bake them in tin foil in the oven for about 45 minutes or until they're cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, chop your tomatoes into chunks, chop your chilli if you've used it, and halve your cherry tomatoes. Add to a hot pan with Fry Light and stir until they begin to break down.
- Add your boiling water and chicken stock and reduce the heat. Simmer until it has begun to thicken up and the tomatoes have liquidised.
- Add the basil leaves and tomato puree and continue to simmer, stirring regularly so as to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat.
- Spray a baking tray with Fry Light.
- When your jacket potatoes have cooked, remove them from the oven and slice them in half from the top to the bottom (not from side to side) and lay skin side down on the baking tray.
- Top with your tomato sauce, and then add meat (I used beef) and sliced mozzarella, and put back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Enjoy with lots of veg, or as a light bite at lunch time!
This recipe is syn free on Slimming World using the cheese as your HexA choice.
21/08/2016 at 4:05 pm
22/08/2016 at 10:37 am