Syn Free Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Having been bought up in a family of meat eaters, I have alway appreciated a great steak with all of the trimmings, and what better to accompany a juicy cut of beef than a creamy peppercorn sauce.
Now, I know what you’re thinking… “isn’t peppercorn sauce full of fatty, unhealthy cream?”…well normally yes but here’s my recipe for simple, healthy, delicious, syn free, oh so peppery, peppercorn sauce!
A creamy, delicious and healthy peppercorn sauce!
- 0.5-1.5tsp Black Peppercorns
- 300ml Boiling Chicken Stock
- 1/2tsp Mustard Powder
- 1tsp Paprika
- 2tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais
- Crush your peppercorns using a pestle and mortar (or a blender).
- Add your chicken stock and crushed peppercorns to a sauce pan on a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes.
- As the stock reduces, add the paprika and mustard powder and then continue to simmer until the sauce has reached your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes to ensure that the fromage frais doesn't split when you add it.
- Add the fromage frais and stir in completely, if you want it slightly more creamy just add more.
- Gently heat the sauce through over a very low heat when you're ready to serve.
This is completely syn free on Slimming World!