One Pot Mushroom Risotto with Heck Chicken Sausages
I recently reviewed the Heck Chicken Italia Sausages (half a syn each!) and you may remember that I had half a pack left after indulging in a very delicious and totally Slimming World friendly cooked breakfast.
I can now confirm that the Heck Chicken Italia Sausages work just as well when cooked into a recipe as they do when eaten on their own, and the added flavours of mozarella and tomato through these particular ones adds a whole lot of flavour to the dish which simply wouldn’t be there otherwise!
One other good thing about this recipe, is that it’s all made in one pot/saucepan, which means it saves massively on the washing up. Something which my other half was rather pleased about!
2.5 syns for the whole lot!
- 100g Risotto Rice
- Fry Light
- 1L Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 2 Large Flat Mushrooms
- 5 Heck Chicken Italia Sausages
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Handful of Coriander (roughly chopped)
- 4 Mint Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1tsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- Place a large sauce pan or deep frying pan on a hot hob and spray with lots of Fry Light.
- Add your risotto rice, stirring until the Fry Light has covered all of the rice.
- Pour over half of your stock, and bring to simmer. Reduce the heat slightly and stir regularly until the water has begun to reduce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the stock, and stir until combined.
- As the stock is absorbed in the cooking, add a little more at a time. If you use more than 1L then just top up with more boiling water.
- When the stock is all absorbed and your risotto rice is soft then it's ready to eat.
- Remove from the heat and leave to sit with a lid on for 5 minutes to make sure all of the liquid is properly absorbed.
- Serve with a crack of salt and pepper and a sprig of fresh coriander, on a bed of salad for extra speed!
2.5 syns for the whole batch on Slimming World.
Check out some other amazing recipes on A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week link up –
07/04/2016 at 9:35 pm