When I uploaded this recipe to Instagram, the lovely @slimforyourlife commented that she thought it was a cheat meal at first glance, and honestly it felt like it! However, that couldn’t have been further from reality! This whole recipe, which serves two, is just six syns…which makes it just 3 syns per portion!
If you ask me, that’s not half bad for something which tastes like it’s straight out of the kitchen at TGI Fridays! I used Honey BBQ Sauce for this recipe, but you could just use regular BBQ sauce because you’re adding honey anyway!
Gloriously naughty tasting and just 3 syns per serving!
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 Pack Diced Chicken (or 2 chicken breasts cut into small chunks)
- 8tbsp Smash
- 1 Chicken Oxo Cube
- 1tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1tbsp Clear Honey
- 3tbsp BBQ Sauce (any kind)
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees. Spray a baking tray with Fry Light.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk the eggs into a separate bowl.
- One at a time, dip your chicken pieces into the egg and then into the dry ingredients. Repeat this twice for each piece.
- Place the pieces on the baking tray and spray with more Fry Light.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning over after about 20 minutes (or when they are no longer stuck to the bottom of the tray) to help brown on multiple sides.
- Meanwhile, mix together your honey and BBQ sauce.
- When the chicken is cooked, tip into the honey and BBQ mixture and mix until each piece is coated in sticky mixture.
- Serve whilst still hot!
3 syns per serving on Slimming World