Syn Free Cheese & Bacon Loaded Potato Skins
It doesn’t get much better than this to be perfectly honest. It’s recipes like this which make me love Slimming World more and more each time I try them! These potato skins taste divine, and they’re surprisingly quick to make.
I had been put off making these because when researching for the recipe about how long to cook potato skins for I had read a load of things about needing to bake a full jacket potato and then cutting it once it it was done…and frankly who’s got the time? Well, as I discovered when I decided to try it my way, you definitely don’t need to do that! These are syn free using your HexA, and lean bacon of course!
The best thing about eating anything with grated cheese on Slimming World is how much further your cheese goes!
Cheesy, bacon-y and syn free!
- 5 Potatoes (Maris Piper or similar)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 8 Rashers Bacon (visible fat removed)
- 80g Grated Mozzarella
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees. Spray a baking tray with Fry Light.
- Cut your potatoes into quarters and place each quarter on the tray balanced on its skin side. Spray with Fry Light and pop in the oven.
- After about 15 minutes, you'll see that the potatoes have begun to cook from the outside in, and there is a visible layer of softer potato.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Using a knife or metal spoon, scoop the potato out of the skin, leaving about half a centimetre in each one. Spray with more Fry Light and sprinkle with salt and pepper, place back in the oven.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- When the potato skins have crisped up, remove them from the oven and sprinkle over your bacon pieces and mozzarella.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella has melted.
- Serve when still hot. Serves 2.
Syn free using mozzarella as your HexA. If serving more people, add 40g grated mozzarella per person.