If you ask me, it’s pretty hard to beat proper cheesecake for just 1 syn per slice! This is nothing like your average Slimming World cheesecake, which tends to be like yogurt jelly (with no cheese in sight!), this is a PROPER cheesecake, just like my much loved ‘Syn Free No Bake Berry Cheesecake‘! This cheesecake is just 1 syn per slice, which comes from the cooked apple used in the base, and each slice is half of your Healthy Extra B and just a third of your Healthy Extra A!
Full of autumnal flavours this is perfect as the weather turns colder, I’ve bought the flavours and textures of a classic apple crumble and mixed them with an utterly amazing cheesecake…and boy does it work! Technically you could count a slice of this as as syn free, if you want to work out how much extra the cooked apple could add to your HexB, but frankly I can’t do the maths and I think one syn is pretty awesome!
Slimming World is the best, and only diet, I will need to be on in my life, because it’s not a diet! Name me one other healthy eating plan where you can eat a cheesecake like this….you can’t! By using part of your Healthy Extras you can eat cheesecake without any guilt whatsoever, which is pretty amazing if you ask me. Slimming World has built the plan in such a way that you never once feel like you’re on a diet, it’s a lifestyle plan which you can absolutely be on for the rest of your life. It’s a plan that can help you lose the weight that you need to lose, and help you stay there when you’ve reached your target. I’ve been struggling recently, but I know that Slimming World, and the plan that it has created, will always be there to help get me back on track! It’s an amazing feeling! Hopefully this cheesecake can help you stay on track when you need something sweet, make it, keep it in the fridge all week and indulge without going off plan…ENJOY!
Find Sukrin Sweeteners on Amazon here.
Epic PROPER cheesecake for just 1 syn per slice!
- 175g Oats
- 250g Peeled & Chopped Apple (for the base)
- 1tbsp Water
- 2tbsp Sukrin Gold (if you can't use this then regular sweetener will work, if using regular sweetener then add to your taste)
- 25g Flora Light
- 1x Peeled & Chopped Apple (for the filling)
- 1x Chopped Apple (for the garnish)
- 2x 180g Pots Philadelphia Lightest
- 1x 250g Pot Quark
- 200g Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar (again if you don't have this use regular sweetener, but this works best! If using regular sweetener then add to your taste)
- 1.5x Pack Powdered Gelatin (12.5g packets) (plus 100mls boiling water)
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
- 1/2tsp Ground Ginger
- Melt the Flora Light in the microwave (using a microwave safe bowl).
- Add the melted butter and stewed apple to the oats and mix together.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 12 inch cake tin.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and quark, with the vanilla extract, ground ginger and cinnamon and the Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar.
- Whisk the gelatin into the cheesecake mix.
- Stir in the chopped apple for the filling and then tip over the base. Refrigerate for at least five hours, or over night.
- When you're ready to eat the cheesecake, remove from the cake tin, garnish with more chopped apple and cinnamon and serve!
1 syn per slice when cut into 10 slices, using half of your daily Healthy Extra B and a third of your Healthy Extra A. Note, some people have decided to start synning sweetener in larger quantities. Personally I don't do this as it has never effected my weight loss, but feel free if you want to.