Looking for something spooky and syn free to enjoy this Halloween? There’s not need to shy away from Halloween this year, just make these instead! Perfect for kids and adults alike, they’re fun to make, fun to look at and totally syn free! I really enjoyed making these, and will definitely make them again on Halloween. They’ll make sure I can save my syns for going out in fancy dress instead!
The concept behind them isn’t too hard to work out…you use orange peppers because they look like pumpkins, and the spaghetti in tomato sauce is the brains! The effect is simple too, but very effective, and they’re incredibly easy to create!
Halloween, for me, as I’m sure it is for many other people who struggle with their weight, is a bit of a tricky time. Much like Christmas, it’s full of temptation! I’m not proud to say that I polished off an entire bag of trick-or-treat sweets at a low moment the other day. That’s why I decided to work out what I could make on Halloween to make me feel included, without going majorly off plan. What’s more, I’m sure like many people out there, I plan to use my syns on a few drinks out for Halloween!
Spooky and syn free cooking for Halloween!
- 2x Orange Bell Peppers
- 70g Spaghetti (I used a wavy kind they sell in Tesco, but any will do)
- 3tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2 Chicken Breast (diced small)
- 2x Diced Bacon Strips (fat cut off)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the top off your bell peppers, and carefully remove the seeds without cutting the rest of the pepper.
- Carefully cut a face into each pepper, using a sharp knife, and place on a baking tray, along with the tops. Put in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Pan fry the bacon and chicken, and mix in the tomato puree.
- When the pasta is cooked, mix with the bacon and chicken. Mix thoroughly to ensure the pasta is coated in tomato puree. If there isn't enough tomato just add more.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the peppers from the oven when done, but not too soft (so they stand up still), and fill with spaghetti to your preferred design.
- Serve at your spooky party or enjoy for a quiet Halloween night in for two!
Syn free on Slimming World.