Syn Free Roasted Vegetables
This recipe will give you perfect, delicious, totally syn free roasted veggies every time! The ideal recipe to accompany Sunday dinners, evening meals or healthy lunches. Whip up a batch of these at the beginning of the week and simply warm up for every meal.
You can of course play around with the quantities, and indeed the ingredients in this recipe. If you love aubergine for example then add them in (but don’t forget to salt them first – you can see my roasted aubergine recipe here), or if you want to add ingredients like carrots or parsnips then that would work very well too. If you do add those kind of ingredients simple chop them and add them in. This recipe however, includes peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions as the main ingredients, and they work so well together!
Roasted veggies are a staple in my house, we have them at every Sunday roast, and at most family dinners when we all get together, and I made this particular batch at a nice family gathering the other week. They’re a big crowd pleaser, but they’re also great for meal prep (my new favourite thing!) because they last so well in the fridge. You can either make a big batch and save it as one, or you can even make multiple meals up in individual meal prep containers and take them to work every day ready to heat up in the microwave any time you want!
Perfect roasted vegetables every time...totally syn free!
- 1x Red Pepper (sliced into thin strips and deseeded)
- 1x Yellow Pepper (sliced into thin strips and deseeded)
- 1x Green Pepper (sliced into thin strips and deseeded)
- 1x Orange Pepper (sliced into thin strips and deseeded)
- 20x Whole Cherry Tomatoes
- 1x Onion (sliced)
- 15x Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2x Cloves Garlic (sliced thinnly)
- Fry Light
- 1tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 2x Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and spray a baking tray with lots of Fry Light.
- Mix all of the vegetables together, spray liberally with Fry Light and then add the herbs, garlic and salt & pepper. Mix so that everything is covered in Fry Light.
- Tip the vegetables into the baking tray, spray with a little bit more Fry Light and lay the rosemary on top if you're using it.
- Bake in the oven, stirring half way through, until done to your preference.
Syn free on Slimming World.