If you’re throwing (or attending) a Halloween party this year, this dip is the perfect recipe for you! Syn free, full of flavour, Halloween themed and delicious! Ideal for dipping and for sharing, the dip uses one portion of Healthy Extra A, so you can easily work out what proportion of your Healthy Extra you’ve used, or how many syns you’d prefer to call it!
You can of course make this with large pumpkins, but I COULDN’T resist these adorable Munchkin Pumpkins when I saw them in Tesco! They make the ideal container for the sauce, and they’ve got a beautiful flavour…they’re so cute!
This year, I’m determined to stay on plan this Halloween (saving my syns for a few drinks!) and so I’ve been coming up with some recipes to help with that. I made some delicious Syn Free Halloween Stuffed Peppers, which I’m definitely making to help me stay on track, and this dip is the ideal accompaniment! Very quick to make, with no actual cooking (just a little microwaving), this dip is perfect for that moment that you’re really dreading having to turn up to a party and eat all of the ‘beige food’! Simply bring along your delicious dip, and make sure to stand near the carrot sticks!
Perfect, syn free, dip for this Halloween!
- 1x Munchkin Pumpkin (or about 200g of regular pumpkin)
- 1x 110g Tub Philadelphia Lightest (Healthy Extra A or 5.5 syns)
- 5x Chives (chopped, plus extra for garnish)
- 2x Spring Onions, finely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 2x Chopped Bacon Rashers (all visible fat removed)
- Slice the top off your Munchkin Pumpkin and set aside. Microwave the pumpkin for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the inside of the munchkin pumpkin into a bowl, leaving about half a centimetre of pumpkin flesh.
- If the scooped out pumpkin isn't soft enough, microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Blend half of the Philadelphia Lighest with the pumpkin, either by hand or in a food processor, then mix in the rest of the cheese.
- Pan fry the bacon bits, with the spring onions, until the bacon is crispy. Mix in with the pumpkin mix, leaving some for garnish. Mix in the chives.
- Pour the dip back into the pumpkin casing, and garnish with more bacon, chives and spring onions.
- Chop some vegetable sticks and get to dipping!
Syn free, using your Healthy Extra A, or 5.5 syns in total.