Syn Free Creamy Chicken & Mozzarella Pasta
This smooth, creamy pasta is totally syn free using your HexA, packed full of tomatoes for added speed food and utterly delicious…it’s a must make if you’re looking for a quick and tasty meal! Much like my very popular Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, and my Syn Free Carbonara, this is a pasta dish that has become a firm favourite on my menu at home. With all of the creamy elements of a high syn dish, created by using a mix of egg, yogurt and cheese, you can indulge in some of the best comfort food around without going off plan!
The beauty of Slimming World is that you can enjoy dishes like this without any guilt whatsoever. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I can’t think of any other diet that allows you to eat pasta, potatoes, rice, cheese and bread and still makes you lose weight! For years I associated these foods specifically with weight gain, and whenever I wanted to shed some pounds they were the first things to go. Instead of looking at my overall diet and the issues that were causing me to have a weight problem, I always went to cutting out carbs for a short term fix, which I now know was a big no no!
Cutting out any food group, unless for a diagnosed medical reason, is not a good idea because it’s not sustainable long term, and the wonderful thing about being on Slimming World is that there is not a single food group that is out of bounds. Although it’s in essence a low fat diet, you still have your syns which means you can still add the fats back in, just in limited quantities. This is a much healthier way to do it than, for example, what I did when I went on the Ducan Diet which involved cutting out both carbs and sugar! Although I lost weight doing the Ducan Diet, as I did on the number of other crash diets I tried, I lost it in an unhealthy way and I piled it all back on and then some the second I stopped. Since starting Slimming World, I have been in no doubt that this will be the way I eat for the rest of my life and that feeling of control is better than I could ever put into words!
A tasty pasta dish using your Healthy Extra A!
- 140g Pasta (I used curly spaghetti but you can use whatever pasta you want)
- 2x Muscle Foods Chicken Breasts (cut into chunks)
- 40g Grated Mozzarella
- 50g Fresh Mozzarella
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2x Eggs
- 3tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais/Yogurt/Quark
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to garnish)
- Fry Light
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the chicken in a deep frying pan using Fry Light until almost cooked. When almost cooked add the tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Mix the yogurt/fromage frais/quark with the eggs until smooth, then add the grated mozzarella and salt & pepper.
- When the chicken and tomatoes are cooked, drain and add the pasta to the chicken. Stir until the chicken and tomatoes are dispersed evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and pour on the egg mixture. Quickly begin stirring it into the pasta until it thickens into a sauce.
- Quickly serve, making sure it doesn't sit in the hot pan for too long or the sauce will thicken too much, and garnish with the fresh mozzarella and parsley.
- Eat straight away or reheat the next day over a low heat with a little bit of extra water added.
Syn free when serving two people using your Healthy Extra. Syn values correct at time of writing. Always check the specific quantities allowed for the brand of cheese you're using.
31/10/2016 at 11:13 pm
01/11/2016 at 11:59 am
01/11/2016 at 11:36 am
01/11/2016 at 12:00 pm
Angela / Only Crumbs Remain
03/11/2016 at 2:14 pm
03/11/2016 at 2:18 pm
Kirsty Hijacked By Twins
04/11/2016 at 1:38 pm
04/11/2016 at 1:41 pm