Syn Free Tagliatelle with Steak & Mushroom Sauce
I’m a big fan of quick, syn free, tasty pasta dishes! They’re comforting, filling and healthy, and this one is no different. With a smooth and silky sauce, big chunks of lean rump steak, and melt in the mouth mushrooms, it’s one of those dinners you can have again and again and not get bored! Much like my Syn Free Carbonara and Syn Free Cajun Chicken Pasta, this dish uses the age old trick of egg and yogurt to make a thick glossy sauce. The beautiful thing about this method of making a sauce is that it doesn’t use any Healthy Extras and it’s still 100% syn free! This leaves you free to use your HexA choice on something else throughout the day, and helps keep your daily meal plan even more interesting!
In my opinion, winter is for big hearty meals like pasta, stew and soup, because they make you warm from the inside out. When I’ve had a stressful day at work, it’s dark and freezing outside, and I forgot to put the heating on (again) at home, the last thing I want to do is come home and eat a salad! Obviously I still make sure to eat plenty of speed food, and loads of protein, but the beauty of Slimming World is that you can still make the world feel alright with carbs. If you’d have told me before I stared Slimming World that I would have been chowing down on big pasta dishes and still losing weight effectively I’d probably have laughed in your face! After all, we spend our lives being told that to lose weight you have to cut out this and that, usually carbs and sugar, completely, otherwise we will spend the rest of our lives overweight and unhappy. Now, there are so many things wrong with that…mainly the direct correlation that we have shoved in our faces from day dot about how we look and how we feel, and the idea that cutting out any food group completely (unless for medical reasons) is in any way sustainable and healthy! It’s not…don’t do it. That’s all there really is to say!
Don’t get me wrong, this meal wasn’t all one big carb fest. It’s still packed with mushrooms and onions for speed foods, and the Muscle Foods rump steak is the best quality protein around! Totally lean, really tender, full of flavour, and not pumped full of additives the Muscle Foods steak is the only one I use.
A smooth, silky pasta sauce with steak and mushrooms!
- 5x Tagliatelle Nests
- 1x Muscle Foods Lean Rump Steak
- 10x Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced into thin strips)
- 1x Beef Stock Cube
- 100mls Boiling Water
- 2x Eggs
- 1tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais/Yogurt/Quark
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to garnish)
- Fry Light
- Cook the tagliatelle as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in a deep frying pan with Fry Light, when it's almost cooked add the mushrooms and steak and cook until done.
- When the steak, mushrooms and onions are done, add the boiling water and stock cube and stir over heat until the stock has dissolved and the water has thickened.
- Mix together the egg and yogurt in a bowl with salt & pepper.
- Drain the pasta, and add it to the frying pan with the steak over a medium heat. Stir thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add the egg mixture. Stir until the sauce begins to thicken as this is how you know it's done.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Syn free on Slimming World.
*I was sent some of the products in this post to review however all views and opinions are my own, I would never ever recommend anything that I don’t absolutely love!