NEW SLIMMING WORLD SYN UPDATES
Following recent updates (November 2018) to the Slimming World plan, including the news that slimmers now need to syn their flavoured yoghurts and instant mash, it was thought that Slimming World HQ might let us rest for a while with the plan as it is. However, it seems that they were simply softening the blow and waiting until now to release further updates to the plan! Whilst these are not as dramatic as the previous ones, and probably won’t cause quite so much public outrage, it’s important to factor them into your daily life. That’s why I’ve mapped out all of the new Slimming World syn updates below…
Slimming World Syn Updates November 2018
Key points in this Slimming World syn update include:
- You can now enjoy an additional Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice every Extra Easy day – for even more calcium and even more choice!
Due to new nutrition information:
- A handful of Free Foods have lost their P symbols including:
- baked beans
- broad beans
- mung beans
- all varieties of peas (except split peas)
- A few Healthy Extra ‘a’ choices have changed
- A Healthy Extra portion of whole cow’s milk has increased to 200ml
- The Healthy Extra portions of rice and almond milk have both decreased to 400ml
- 40g Paneer cheese is now a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice!
- Some products are no longer Healthy Extras:
- Kelloggs Special K Milk Chocolate Delight Bar
- Sweetened dairy-free milk
- Reduce fat/light soft cheese (including Philadelphia Light)
- Soft goat’s cheese
- And on an Extra Easy SP day, enjoy at least half a plate of Speed food, and the rest Protein-rich food as usual
- Plus two Healthy Extra ‘a’ choices and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice
- You can now have a maximum of 10 Syns on an Easy Extra SP day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE CHANGES WILL BE COMING INTO THE PLAN WHEN SLIMMING WORLD RELEASE THEIR NEW BOOKS LATER ON THIS WINTER. I am not a trained Slimming World consultant or affiliated with Slimming World and am simply sharing the news as it comes out.
What Slimming World have to say about the new syn updates:
Our Nutrition team here at Slimming World regularly review the latest scientific and nutrition research, food trends and product information to make sure our generous Food Optimising stays bang up-to-date and in line with current guidance so that you can achieve the very best weight loss results in the very healthiest way.
To help you achieve your dream in 2019, you’ll receive a special limited edition New Member Pack for free when you go along to group during Christmas week or New Year week. And, in it, you might spot a few changes to Food Optimising.
This is in addition to the changes we let you know about earlier in the year, that fat-free flavoured yogurts canned pasta in tomato sauce and instant mashed potato now have a small Syn value, and that some vegan-friendly products including canned jackfruit and plain/smoked seitan are now Free Food. If you’ve spotted that one of your favourites is no longer a Healthy Extra, you’ll get plenty of ideas in group for Free Food and Healthy Extra alternatives. And if you’d love to adopt some of those changes from today – feel free!
How do you feel about the new Slimming World syn updates? Let me know in the comments or head over to our Facebook Group (find it here) to share your thoughts with other Slimming World members!