So… I love cupcakes as much as the next girl, but lets be honest it’s not often I’m up for hearing ‘healthy’ and ‘cupcake’ in the same scentence.
I adapted these cupcakes and I was really plesently surprised! I was never expecting glorious red velvet, or chocolate fudge cake but they were really tasty and filled that sweet craving a treat!
A great way to curb those sweet cravings!
- 110g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Low Fat Spread (I've used Flora Light)
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 7 Level Table Spoons of Sweetener
- 3 Table Spoons of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Medium Apple - chopped into small pieces
- 1 Medium Apple - sliced to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180'C (fan). Whisk together the flour, eggs, low fat spread, sweetener and cinnamon until they're a smooth mixture.
- Add the chopped apple, and stir until it is evenly distributed troughout the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases, using about two table spoons per case so that each is half full.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they're risen and a metal skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of one of the cupcakes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack (around 20 minutes) and garnish with chopped apple for a heathy alternative to icing!
Slimming World Syn Value = 3 per cupcake
Here are some pictures of these cupcakes being made…