Everyone loves a good pasta bake, whether that be tuna, veggie or one of my favourites…bolognese! Not only is this recipe full of speedy veg, but it’s syn free (using your HexA), covered in melted mozzarella and absolutely delicious!
Warming, delicious and healthy bolognese bake!
- 1 x 400g Lean Beef Mince
- 1 x Onion (diced)
- 2 x Cloves Garlic (chopped fine)
- 1 x Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 x Red Peppers (diced)
- 10 x Cherry Tomatoes
- 2tbsp Tomato Purree
- 2 x Beef Stock Cubes
- 1/2 Pack Pasta
- 160g Grated Mozzarella
- Fry Light
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Spray a pan with Fry Light and bring up the heat, add the onions and garlic and saute until they
- begin to turn clear.
- Add the mince, and continue to saute until it is browned.
- Add your chopped peppers and cherry tomatoes and reduce the heat. Cover until the peppers and tomatoes have begun to soften.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes and stir in. Recover and leave to simmer for another 10/15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a pan of water and add your pasta. Cook as per package instructions.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the mince and stir it in.
- Pour the pasta and mince into a deep baking tray. Cover with the mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes or until the mozzarella begins to catch slightly.
- Serve with a few basil leaves and a crack of salt and pepper.
Syn free on Slimming World using the cheese as your HexA between four people. Add six syns per 40g of grated mozzarella if not using this as your HexA.